Family Dinner

October came and went, Halloween was spent sitting Hayan while Aubrey dragged Joon out to some party. Let's just say it didn't go as expected and that night Joon came back home alone. And continued to be alone till just before Christmas when his brothers showed up to stay the week.

"How did you two even get mom to agree to forfeit their Christmas party this year?" Joon laughed as he looked at his brothers who had been here for all of two days now, and according to Joon they seemed to be avoiding certain questions- which was why I was here. The guys didn't like lying in front of me and Joon figured he could use that to his advantage this time. I willingly complied of course, plus it was nice hanging out with the three of them.

Jin was sweating, but damn could he keep a straight face. Seriously.

"It wasn't easy but you know I'm a charmer." Jin replied coolly, serious... give this guy an Oscar.

"You must have gotten better at charming her then, cause I remember last time she almost exploded when you tried getting out of going." Joon shot back casually like he didn't care the reason, but I knew he did. Jin stayed sitting there with a smirk on his face, his usual one. Playing it as cool as a cucumber.

"Well practice makes perfect and I'm just that." He grinned and Joon chuckled. It was the slight whimper to Jin's right that pulled my attention as well as Joon's as we sat around his dining room table having coffee after our meal.

"I'm sorry.. I can't. Joon-" Tae cracked, Jin gave him a look and let out a long sigh.

"Just let him tell me, since you won't." He said to Jin. Jin sighed and huffed a bit.

"It was a stupid idea anyway." He retorted. Both Joon and I gave him a questioning look.

"Mom is expecting us to come to the Christmas party still. All of us." Tae spoke up. Joon leaned against his hands on the table.

"I'm sorry, mom what?" He asked in disbelief.

"She expects all of us. Me, Tae, you, and Hayanie. They want to meet her." Jin spoke up.

"Hell the fuck no!" Joon raised his voice and I placed my hand on his arm as a reminder that Hayan was sleeping in her room just feet away.

"Sorry." He replied as he looked at me warmly.

"It's fine." I replied.

"I am not taking Hayanie to meet them, they don't deserve to be in her life." Joon said sternly.

"Then will you at least come to dinner tomorrow night with us?" Jin asked. "If you want support who isn't us, bring Y/N. She's sure to charm both mom and dad." He said with a smile. I smiled back.

"I'm going to pretend that's a compliment." I replied.

"Oh it is, our parents are very hard to please. But you're naturally charming and you have your life together." Tae countered. I chuckled a bit, if they really thought I had my life together then maybe I was great at fooling people into thinking I was really good at being an adult.

"I'd be happy to go if Joon wants." I said, looking at him with a soft smile.

"You don't have to." He said as he ran his hands over his face.

"I don't mind, it might be fun." I tried to be optimistic, though I got the impression that there were more reasons why Joon didn't want to face his parents.

"If you're that set on it... I guess we could go to the dinner. But NOT for Christmas. And no way in hell is Hayan coming with us." Joon replied and looked at me. "Do you think Nan would watch Hayanie?" He asked.