Hayan's 1st Birthday

"Shit!" I yelled as I pushed aside a bunch of baking tools.

"Whoa, someone's a war path." Mia's voice hit my ears but I was way too focused.

"Where is it.... Where the fuck is it?!" I yelled to myself more than to anyone in particular.

"I'm sorry but you're going to have to be more clear on what you're freaking out about." Mia said as she folded her arms when I stopped to look at her. I stood from the spot on the floor of the bakery where I was crouched down looking through my baking tools.

"I had a few cutouts cute animal ones that I had. I was going to use them to make fondant cutouts for Hayan's cake. Her birthday is tomorrow and I was going to make the cake tonight. I can't... I.. if I don't find them then it'll be ruined." I panicked. Sure Hayan was only turning one, and Sure the kid wouldn't remember her birthday but that's why cameras exist. To capture those kinds of moments and I know Joon would freak I present a plain ass cake to Hayan on her birthday.

"You're freaking out about this too much." She noted with a sigh. "Why not just go buy another one?" She offered and honestly at this point... that might be my only saving grace.

"Right. Can you lock up tonight? I need to go get everything I need to make the cake. I'll make it at Nan's or something." I said as I removed my apron and tossed it at Mia. I headed around the counter to the front doors of the bakery when the doors opened.

"Oh thank gods you're here." Namjoon gave me a tight hug and then started rambling "Okay so I got the invitations out and everyone important is coming except my parents cause of course my parents wouldn't come, I mean why the hell would they – they don't recognize my princess as their own grandchild and honestly they don't deserve her but I sent them invites anyway to be nice cause that's how I am and I-" I reached up and gripped his shoulders and held him firmly.

"Joon!... calm. Breathe!" I almost chuckled but he was in a panic fit.

"Sorry... sorry. I.. I was so focused on getting Hayan's gifts and getting her a cute birthday outfit, and these invitations... I ... I forgot about getting food for everyone and I forgot about decorations. I'm the worst father ever... She won't even have a balloon.... And My house is small... the people I invited are going to hate it and... and..."

"Have it here?" Mia leaned over the counter putting her head in the palm of her hand and smiled at us.

"Oh... We can have it here! I have plenty of room, the bakery is doing well. I can make the cake here, and we can decorate it. We'll get balloons and stuff. Mia you don't mind helping, right?" I asked.

"Duh, who offered up the option?" She grinned and I smiled back at her. I turned back and looked up at Joon.

"No... no no, I can't ask you to turn your bakery upside down for us.." He kept shaking his head as he spoke.

"Are you kidding me?" Mia piped up again "They way you come in here for apple turnovers? Shit, we should be paying you."

"Mia!" I scolded and she smirked.

"What? It's the truth." She giggled.

"Ugh, ignore her. But Joon you and Hayan are good friends. We all love Hayan." I informed him. "So when I say we'd be happy to help I mean it okay?" I chuckled.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"I'm positive." I replied.

"Thank you, really. And thank you Mia and Jace, really I'm very thankful." He Smiled at them, his dimples poking out more than usual. I reached up and poked at them and he looked back down at me and laughed. "What?" He asked. I shook my head and withdrew my hands.