Another Parental Dinner

The week of valentines had been busy but now with one day to go, I was most nervous for dinner with my parents. All day I'd handed out the orders for Valentines day, and made sure everything was in order. One by one customers came in, when I got a moment to myself I went into the office and put in an order for food. Then I texted Joon to let him know it was ordered and would be ready by the time I leave here so I could go get it. He had offered to pick it up and pay for it but I had already payed, and it was on my way home so I pleaded my case and he backed down.
The time seemed to pass slowly as it got closer to 5pm.

"You know you could go now? I mean you set the orders up right here. Jace and I got this. Right Jace?" Mia asked Jace who was sweeping the floors. He always was good at keeping the place clean

"Huh? Oh, yeah we got it boss. No worries." He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I shook my head and chuckled.

"Are you two sure? I can stay a bit longer."

"Nope, you got enough to worry about. Go prep yourself for dinner with your parents. I'll call you later. Oh and remember we're not opening tomorrow!" Mia assured me and cheered. "You better keep your butt home! Spend the day with your man! Something, anything but coming here to work!" She was demanding now, but she had a reason to. I had thought about coming in and opening anyway... but she was against it. I should be mad at her, but she's been a very good friend for a very long time. Plus I knew she was being this way out of my best interest.

"Fine. I'm heading out now, but call me if there's anything you need." I told them both. Both stood there nodding away.

"Of course." Jace replied. I smiled and nodded before removing my apron, setting it over the counter and running into the office to grab my things. I dashed back out and patted Mia on the back quickly before I jogged to the door.

"Alright, I'll see you guys later. Don't forget to lock up, and call me if there's an emergency or a question." I instructed them.

"Yes.. mom. Now go!" Mia giggled. I smiled and waved to them as I stepped outside into the cool evening air. The sun hadn't gone down fully but the sky was a beautiful yellowish orange. I got in my car and made my way to the restaurant to pick up dinner.

I had to wait a while as I was much earlier than they were expecting, I waited patiently though, calling Nan to let her know I had left work early and was now picking up food. Apparently, my parents had arrived already. I could hear my mother in the background complaining that there were no good family pictures up. I could almost hear Nan rolling her eyes at my mother.

"Joon's not there yet, is he?" I asked, worried that my mother might have already gotten to him.

"No dear, not yet. I think it's for the best too." She whispered. I chuckled and let her know I'd be there soon. I was thankful Joon wasn't there yet, lord only knows the things my mother would say to him. I didn't wait too much longer before a few of the staff people came out and helped me put the food in my car. I smiled and waved as I thanked them again.

Soon I was pulling into Nan's driveway, instantly forgetting everything as I saw Joon dressed up nicely- Black slacks, Deep blue dress shirt and a black tie. Hayanie was clung to Joon's side as he held her. Her little powder blue dress with pearl beading for details, the little white dress shoes Nan and I had picked out for her fit nicely on her little feet. She smiled and giggled, instantly holding her arms out to me as I giggled and made my way over to them.

Joon wrapped his free arm around me and kissed me softly on the lips. Hayanie made her puckered kissy face and I gave her a quick kiss too. She clapped her little hands and cheered, making both Joon and I laugh.