Unwanted Guest

"That will be seventy Three ninety nine, cash or credit?" I listened as Mia was handing over a rather large order of brownies and cupcakes for some girl scout party. Even with the dozen free brownies I offered for the bundle it was a lot.

I was waiting on a cake to cool before I could get working on the order for some sweet sixteen year old. So I was making another batch of apple turnovers to bring home instead.

"Thank you. You're a life saver." The woman paying with her credit card spoke with an expression of gratitude on her face. The woman gathered her things and left as Mia turned toward me, watching me put in the batch of apple turnovers.

"I know we have enough of those so I'm guessing you're preparing for next week? The return of your man?" She grinned, folding her arms over her chest. I nodded as I slid the rack into the oven and closed it.

"Yeah. I want him to have his favorite treat when he comes home." I smiled at her. She laughed and nodded back.

"Oh I bet, I'm sure after that apple turnover he'll be wanting a little bit of you on the side." She laughed again and I playfully slapped her arm.

"You're horrible." I commented.

"Mm-Mum" The little voice that grabbed our attention, we both looked to see Jace playfully chasing after Hayan, stomping along acting like a giant. Hayanie had her arms out as she wobbled but managed to run around the counter and right to me. I scooped her up and she immediately started to giggle.

"My Little Princess." I said as I rubbed my nose against hers, which made her giggle more as she repeated what I did. She clung to me and waved to Mia.

"Hello little Hayanie." Mia replied and waved to her. "Jace, where did you take her? Hawaii? You were gone like two hours?" Mia scolded Jace who had taken Hayanie out for a bit since we had gotten so busy. Mia and I managed just fine though with the two new staff members we hired on to help with the kitchen and dinning room areas.

"We were not gone that long.. Besides, we went to the park, she wanted to walk around so I took her into the toy store over off of Fletcher. Relax." He grinned and spoke calmly. Mia stuck her tongue out at him anyway.

"You two really should see a marriage counselor." I commented and the look on both their faces made me laugh, which made Hayanie giggle... sadly the laughter was short lived as the bell on the doors chimed and in walked the last person I'd ever expect to see walk into my bakery.

"Hi, welcome and how may-"

"Y/N? Right dear?" She spoke with elegance, her wardrobe screamed high society, with her pencil skirt that came down just below her knee, her skin toned stockings and clearly overly priced designer special edition pumps.... Because she's too good to wear what hundred of thousands of other high society wives would wear- to her pristine button up floral blouse and her pure white fur coat that she undoubtedly thinks is real, and maybe it is. She wouldn't care either way because her favorite designer made it. She pushed her sunglasses back up on top of her head and gave an all too fake smile. I held Hayan close, Joon was not going to like this... at all.

"May I help you, Mrs. Kim?" I asked, staying behind the counter.

"Ah, glad I found the place. There's quite a few bakeries on this side." She looked around a moment. "This is cute." She commented. Mia looked at me questioningly and I just shook my head at her. I didn't have time to explain the situation.

"My Taehyung mentioned he'd been by to see you but forgot to invite you to dinner and... oh. Is that her?" She asked as she apparently had just taken notice to little Hayan in my arms. She wasn't very observant.. or maybe she was nervous...