Welcome Home

"He's landing in 4 hours. Are you sure Tae is going to pick him up?"

"Y/N.. relax Tae is a responsible..... alright, you know what. How about I call him and tell him he's to come to the bakery to help you set up and I'll handle the transport of dear Joonie?"

"Now see, that would make me feel so much better. This is why you're the wise older brother right?" I asked him sweetly. I could hear his infections laugh through the phone.

"Haha... have I told you you're my favorite person ever? Well, aside from my lovely lady of course. But you're the sister I never knew I wanted, truly." He chuckled as he spoke, his words were genuine.

"You're the big brother I've always wanted Jin. Drive safe and don't forget... 4 hours. Only 4." I reminded him even though I knew he'd never forget. Tae wasn't irresponsible.. but he did get sidetracked, usually by his most recent girlfriend, or by one of his college friends. Mostly Jimin..

"We'll see you then. Also, You have my permission to beat Tae's ass if he slacks off." He chuckled as he spoke.

"Will do. Thanks again Jin. Be safe." I replied.

"Bye for now."

"Bye." I hung up and smiled, then looked around the bakery. It was slow this morning, which I was grateful for. I would be closing around noon though to finish up preparations for Joon's welcome home party.

Mia and Jace were tending to some customers while I was baking in the back. I had a few boxes of apple turnovers waiting for Joon at the house. I'm sure he'd appreciate it. The decorations were coming along... and by that I meant that Jace had blown up maybe 10 balloons in between getting distracted by Hayan and serving customers. Mia wiped down the tables when the last of the morning rush passed through.

"When's Tae getting here?" Mia asked as she tossed the used paper towel into the waste bin.

"Soon I think." I replied as I wiped some stray dough off the side of my hand onto my apron. "The cake is almost cooled so I'll get to decorating soon.

"Mmum ahh" The little garbles that followed the name Hayanie liked to call me pulled my attention to her. She was still in her pajamas. Since Nan didn't think it was a good idea to put her into her new party dress till it got closer to Joon's pick up time. I walked over and scooped her up. She was waiting with open arms and held onto me tightly as we bounced lightly around the bakery. She loved it, as Mia put on some good music and we danced around to entertain Hayanie- who was quite enjoying herself.

"So this is why your bakery is always empty." The deep booming voice sounded over the music and I paused with Hayanie in my arms. Tae was standing there with a few bags in his hands looking at us like we'd lost our minds. Behind him came Jimin with a few more bags. Mia turned down the music and I walked over looking at Tae questioningly.

"What's with all the bags?" I asked.

"Are you kidding me? Hello party decorations." Tae said matter-of-factually as he set his bags down on a nearby table. Jimin set his down too and smiled, giving a little wave to Hayanie once his hand was free. She giggled and waved back. When Tae visited us Jimin was often with him. Joon had told me before that Jimin was Tae's very best friend- the two guys were inseparable. Joon said he hopes Hayanie can have a friendship like that. He and Jin never had anyone that close to them growing up. I think they mostly had each other, but that's just the feeling I got when they are together.

"We have balloons though." Jace said as he pointed to the two bags of balloons that had yet to be blown up.

"Dude.. are you even trying? This is my brother- He deserves more than balloons. He deserves-" Tae looked at Hayanie and looked like he was not about to finish his sentence so he just gave her a boxy smile. "He just deserves the best party ever with his loved ones." He finished off instead.