Natsuki

Jeez, Sayori's house is a mess. Objects lay broken on the floor, plates cluttered the table and there were mounds of clothes had been piled up. I couldn't tell if the clothes were clean or dirty.

"Sorry for the mess, I tried to clean up this morning but I then got distracted and..." she giggled nervously,"here I'll make some room."

She picked up the clothes and ran out of the room. I looked around then back at Monika and Yuri who were having a quiet discussion, probably about the state of the room. I put my hands on my hips.

"You gonna help or not?" I said.

They both instantly went quiet and looked at me. I pointed to the broken objects on the floor. 

"We have to help, Sayori obviously can't do it by herself," I picked up what looked like a picture frame. There wasn't a picture inside. The glass was cracked.

"Why are these all broken?" Yuri said, carefully gathering pieces of a plate.

"I'm clutzy, that's why," Sayori rushed into the room. She looked upset.

"That explains a lot," I said.

"Hey, that was mean!" she frowned at me.

Monika stepped forward and put her hand on Sayori's shoulder 

"We were just curious, Sayori. I used to drop things as well when I was really little. I got in so much trouble for it," she laughed quietly. 

"Okay Monika," Sayori brushed some coral hair out of her face, which had gone slightly red.

Monika blushed as well and slowly let go of Sayori. Yuri looked absolutely bewildered. We both glanced at each other. She smiled at me and it felt weird. Yuri had such a pretty smile. I'm surprised she's been able to tolerate me during the club. I can be an annoying bitch sometimes, I've been told so by my father a lot. I fucking hate him so much.

"A-anyways, why don't w-we get settled then?" Sayori stammered, her face had gone an even deeper red. She was staring directly at Monika who was also staring back. I swear if me and Yuri weren't here, they'd be kissing right now.

"Okay!" I sat down on the sofa, a huge cloud of dust burst out. I coughed.

Yuri sat next to me. Once again she smiled but this time I felt myself smile back, something I hadn't done in a long time. Sayori sat on the floor while Monika took a small armchair that looked out of place with the decorations. 

"So what should we do?" Yuri asked.

"I was gonna suggest movies and pizza?" Sayori said.

"That sounds good. What do you think Natsuki?" Monika turned to me.

"Pizza is alright, not so sure about the movies."

It had been ages since I last had pizza. I could already feel my stomach grumbling just at the mention of food. I'm not a massive movie person. They're so boring and I eventually fall asleep halfway through. 

"Any suggestions then?"

"Uh d-don't ask me! It's n-not my sleepover!" I said.

Monika sighed. 

"Films it is then," Sayori got up.

She gave a few movies we could watch. We all agreed on one and Sayori put the disc into the DVD player. 

"It's been so long since I've seen a movie," I whispered to Yuri," I guess I kinda lost interest."

"Same here, I prefer books way more," she whispered back.

"I've always liked manga but I want to read more wordy books. That's why I asked you."

"Speaking of, this is kinda boring. Do you want to go read else where?" she asked.

"Sure," we both stood up.

Sayori and Monika didn't say anything as we walked out of the room together. We both sat on the stairs together and Yuri pulled a book out of her bag. The front cover had a picture of a young girl on the front. It looked interesting. She flicked it open to the front page and scooted closer to me. I started to read.

'It was cold today, very cold, and the wind was howling into the night sky like a wolf to the moon. It didn't bother me though as I was wrapped up in a blanket next to the fire in my parents house. It was quiet, my parents were out and my sister was asleep upstairs, probably lost in a dream full of sugar, unicorns and rainbows. I stared at the amber flames, mesmerised by their weird swirling patterns. I took in the heat and brightness of it. Things would never be the same now. It would all change after this. It was when I found the papers this morning in my mothers office. I don't even know if I could call her my mother anymore. I was wandering around when I saw the papers. Adoption papers. With my name on them. I was shocked to say the least but I was confused. Why did they adopt me then have Nellie? Who were my biological parents? And who am I? I couldn't answer these but I wanted to. I needed to find out. I was gonna start with asking the people who adopted me. I'm not sure how they're gonna react but I don't care right now. They couldn't hide it from me for much longer, I was bound to find out eventually. I was impressed they had managed for so long, 17 years to be exact. I watched the flames once again, wishing they would engulf me and the house. They flickered.'

I noticed that Yuri was staring at me. She smiled when she noticed me looking.

"Enjoying the story?" She asked.

"It's good. I like that it's straight to the point," I answered.

"I'm glad."

I didn't look away from her eyes, which were a deep purple. It had gone quiet, Sayori and Monika must've paused the movie. I put my hand over Yuri's and then I kissed her.