Monika

"This poem is called 'Copycat'" I said, smiling at my small audience.

I did feel a little nervous but I wasn't going to let this bother me, I was club leader and I needed to be the shining example for my club members. I took a deep breath and started to read.

"I knew from the moment that I saw them that they were filled with malicious intent.

They try to be a mirror image but they'll never be me.

They'll never have what I have,
my charm,
my looks,
my achievements,
my personality.

They strive to be better than what I am now but I'll always be one step ahead.

Step out of the shadows, copycat, stop trying to hide.

If you want to be me so badly,
come confront the real picture.

Do you really like what you see?"

There was just silence, it was unsettling to say the least. I look back up at the others and they were just sitting there, staring at me.

"Uh, are you gonna just sit there or are you gonna give me some feedback?" I said.

"Oh yeah, almost forgot about that," Sayori replied, "it was really good Monika, it suited you a lot."

"Y-Yes, Sayori is right, the poem and the way you present yourself around others match well. The confidence in your voice and the teasing tone in the poem came together very easily, well done Monika," Yuri said.

"Uh, what they said," Natsuki replied.

I smile, feeling happy that they were impressed. I was always kind of scare of failing them.

"Are you ready, Sayori?"

"Uh yeah, I think I-"

"I'll go!" Yuri cut her off.

"Oh... Okay," Sayori said, "if you really want to."

Yuri stood up and walked over to the podium at the front of the room, opening up to her poem.