Natsuki

"T-This poem is called..." I look up at the others nervously, frowning when I saw them staring at me, "can you guys not please?!"

"What?" Monika asks, confusion clouding her face.

"You're staring! It makes me uncomfortable!" I replied

"But it's a performance, we have to watch you," Yuri said.

"Yeah but-" I cut myself off, trying to find a fair point I could respond with. I groan when nothing came to me.

"You can do it, Natsuki, I know you can," Sayori said, giving me a thumbs up.

"Okay, fine! But don't expect me to do well!" I said.

They all went quiet, patiently waiting for me to start.

"This poem is c-called 'Little R-Rabbit'" I stuttered.

"Little Rabbit,
Hungry Rabbit,
He really needed some food.
Hungry Rabbit,
Angry Rabbit,
It always put him in a mood.
Angry Rabbit,
Sad Rabbit,
But there was a solution.
Sad Rabbit,
Happy Rabbit,
There was food in the farmers garden.
Happy Rabbit,
Nervous Rabbit,
He'd have to be very sneaky.
Nervous Rabbit,
Scared Rabbit,
Because the farmer was very freaky.
Scared Rabbit,
Frightened Rabbit,
It was a long journey he'd have to take.
Frightened Rabbit,
Petrified Rabbit,
But suddenly down came the rake.
Unlucky Rabbit,
Dead Rabbit."

I didn't even want to look at them, ugh this was so embarrassing! I took one peek at them and rolled my eyes when I saw them just watching.

"Don't just fucking sit there, say something!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms.

"I liked it! It was cute but also creepy at the same time," Sayori said.

"Of course you liked it, you like everything," I mutter to myself.

"It was lovely, Natsuki, I enjoyed it," Yuri said.

I was a little more surprised by Yuri's comment, I didn't think she liked my poems that much because they weren't her style. Maybe we're better friends than I originally thought.

"What's it about? I didn't exactly catch the meaning," Monika asked.

"It's about people shitting on your goals and achievements," I put it bluntly because that was only part of it.

I was starting to feel hungry so I moved over to the cookie box and pick one out.

"Can I have another one?" Sayori asked, already reaching in to take another.

"Sure, whatever, I don't really care," I replied.

I couldn't really take them home anyways, I wouldn't be able to eat them by myself. Would I even be able to eat them at home? I didn't want to find out.

"Well, I think that wraps up our club meeting for today," Monika announced, "you all know the drill."

I pick up the box with trembling hands. These club meetings were ending so early and I wasn't so keen on that. I didn't want to take these home either. I decide to approach Monika with them, hoping she would take them home and save them for our next club meeting.

"Hey, Monika, could you hold onto these until tomorrow? I can't really take them home because of... reasons," I said.

"Reasons...? Oh yeah, I will, don't worry about it," she replied, taking the box from me.

I started to walk away but she grabbed onto my arm.

"Stay safe, Natsuki," she said.

"I will," I offer her a weak smile.

She smiles back and lets go of me. I pack up the rest of my stuff and walk out, feeling just a little bit better about myself.