Sayori

"This poem is called 'Sunflower seeds'" I said.

I glanced up the others and let a little giggle escape my lips. They looked at me, confused by my little laugh.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it, I just laugh when I'm nervous," I said, covering my mouth to prevent it from happening it again.

"Don't worry about it, just imagine that your performing to yourself in the mirror," Monika said.

"Oh okay then," I said.

I look at my poem and start to read, trying to put my fears behind me.

"I take them everywhere I go, 

the park, the gardens, the city, my home, 

to spread my little seeds of joy. 

I love to watch them grow

into happy yellow sunflowers,

I love to watch them play

around with all the others. 

They shine golden in the sun, 

stand tall in heavy rain. 

They make others very happy

with their lovely sun rays. 

I'll never run out, 

my supply is forever. 

I'll never let them wilt, 

or let their pretty petals fall. 

I'll keep them safe inside my heart, 

give them the biggest part. 

My little sunflowers, 

My small pride,

My eternal happiness, 

My golden girls."

I smile to myself, that came out a lot better than I thought, looks like Monika was right.

"I really liked that," Yuri said, "it's really you Sayori."

"I agree with Yuri but I feel like your voice wouldn't suit other poems you may write," Monika said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You need to emphasise some of the words a little more, give them more power. Your voice can be a little too soft when you read your poems," she said, "b-but I still loved it, it was still amazing."

"Its okay, I understand. I need to change my voice while reading my poems, I think I can do that."

We turned to Natsuki who had been quiet throughout this who ordeal.

"Is there anything you have to say?" Monika asked.

"Uh, N-No! You all said what I was thinking anyways!" she snapped, glaring at us.

"Well, it's your turn next," I stepped away from the podium.

"Okay, fine! I might as well get it over with," she grumbled, snatching up her poem and stomping to the front.