Sayori

I enter the club to see that Natsuki and Yuri were there but Monika wasn't, she must be practising her piano again. She must be very devoted to music seeing as she keeps on missing the first few minutes of club to practise. I sit down at one of the desks near Natsuki, who was scribbling something down in her notebook.

"Are you writing your poem?" I asked, leaning over to peel at what is was.

"N-No!" she said, trying to avoid our skeptical gazes, "Uh, maybe... Oh c'mon, don't look at me like that, I was busy last night!"

"Busy doing what?" Yuri asked.

"You'll see, I'm waiting for Monika to arrive," she answered.

"Okay, I hope she gets here soon then," I said, excited to see what she was hiding.

I fiddle with my rubber for a while, bored out of my mind. I didn't think I'd have to wait for this long. I was desperate to see what Natsuki had in store and I was excited to start reciting my poem. I feel like they're going to like mine, I spent quite a bit of time working on it, I hope it was worth the effort.

"I'm here! Sorry, I'm late!"

I turned around and saw Monika rush into the room, holding her bag in both of her hands.

"It's okay, were you practicing piano?" Yuri asked.

"Yes, I was," Monika said, walking over to us.

"I'm impressed, it must take a lot of determination to a learn a new instrument," she replied, putting her book down.

"Y-Yeah, I guess," she said.

"I've always wanted to learn an instrument but I've never had the time. I'm either reading or I'm..." Yuri trailed off, her face going a little red.

"That's fine, I could always teach you," Monika offered, trying to move away from the awkward silence.

"Oh m-maybe, it depends," she answered, staring down at her desk.

"Anyways, now that you're here, I can show you what I've made!" Natsuki jumped in, opening her bag and reaching inside.

She fumbled about for a bit before pulling out a small cardboard box.

"Ooo, what's inside?" I ask, reaching over to look.

"Hey, don't touch that!" Natsuki exclaimed, swatting my hand away.

"Ow! That hurt!"

"Well, that's what you get for being impatient," she said, snatching the box away.

"So what's inside?" Monika asked.

"I'm getting there, just wait a minute," she sighed, "anyways, because I know that we're all nervous about sharing our poems and I know that some people would be hungry, I thought I should do one for the team and make a few snacks."

Natsuki placed the box on her desk, opened it and pushed it towards us, revealing it's contents.

"Uwooooah!?" I gasped when I saw a bunch of cookies bundled up in the container.

"W-Wow," I heard Yuri murmur behind me.

"They look amazing, Natsuki," Monika said.

"Of course they do, they were made by me and I'm a pro Baker, " Natsuki said smugly, grinning at us as we drooled over her baked goods, "go on, take some."

I instantly dived in, picking one of the biggest biscuits in the box and gobbling it up. It tasted rich and the chocolatey chunks melted instantly in my mouth... it was beautiful.

"Ah, this is so good," I said, my mouth full of cookie crumbs.

"Ew, that's gross Sayori, don't talk with your mouth full," Natsuki said, wrinkling her nose in disgust.

"Awww, come on, don't be mean," I said, pouting at her.

She rolled her eyes at me and continued eating her own treat. Yuri decided to fill the gap in the conversation.

"It is disgusting, Sayori," she said.

"You're siding with her?" I said, wiping my mouth with he back of my hand.

"As a matter of fact, yes, I am siding with her," she replied, smirking a little.

"You're all so mean," I said, crossing my arms.

"I didn't do anything!" Monika said.

"Everyone but you is mean then," I responded, smiling at her.

She blushed a little and tried to hide her face. I giggled as she rested her face in her hands. I had no idea why she was blushing but it was cute, she was cute.

"Right! Are we done?" she asked quickly.

We all nodded at her which made her sigh with relief.

"Okay good, so it's time to start performing our poems," she said, "who wants to go first?"

Everyone went silent when she asked this question, making the atmosphere uncomfortable once again. I looked at Yuri who nervously stared at her lap as she fiddled with her hair, she obviously didn't want to go first. I then looked at Natsuki who was sitting back in her seat, making a weird face, I guess it was the same for her. I didn't mind going first but my poem probably isn't a good example to follow, none of my poems are, and my voice is super annoying so I won't do well at all.

"I'll go first then," Monika sighed, standing up.

"I can go after you," I replied.

Monika smiled at me which made me feel a bit weird, was my face getting hotter? I brushed off that though and tried to concentrate on only her and her voice.