~Part 25~

Kayte slightly ducked her head and raised her eyebrows, looking at me with a more disgusted than suprised expression. "what?"

"y-- yeah... yeah" I muttered, not making eye contact. Then I added, finally looking up at her, "I'm transferring schools by the way--"

"don't change the subject. Why didn't you tell me that you guys lived in the same neighbourhood? Why did you need to keep it a secret?"

I defended myself, raising my tone a little bit unintentionally. "I did not keep it secret. I don't necessarily need to tell anyone so I didn't and no one asked so I didn't"

Kayte tried to speak but her words came out as sighs instead. I bit into my ice cream and took a quick look at Jimin who was sitting outside eating his ice cream while tapping his fingers on a small table, his legs crossed, looking out at the busy streets. Although it was past seven there were still people walking around.

Kayte finally asked, "you said you were transferring?". I was a little bit suprised she even remembered what I said considiring the fact that she cut me off quickly and was focused on Jimin and I living in the same neighborhood.

"yeah I am. My mom's searching for a--" she cut me off yet again. "So wait, Mr. Park got fired and you're transferring schools? You're gonna leave your friends behind for a 22 year old man who is way out of your league?"

"he isn't 22 he is 18, everyone at school had it all wrong. And no, I'm transferring because I hate the school. My ice cream's starting to melt so is there anything you wanna say to me before I leave?"

Kayte replied, "where are you going? I really want to talk with you"

I glanced quickly at Jimin who was still waiting impatiently outside then said to Kayte, "I... I'm hanging out with Jimin"

She replied almost instantly, "I knew it. So you two are dating?"

"yes" I licked around my ice cream cone to prevent the ice cream from dripping onto my hand.

"excuse me miss," the cashier called polietly and we both looked at her. "would you like to buy an ice cream? If you are not, I might have to ask you to leave"

"seriously?" Kayte whispered to herself, we both looking away from the cashier. "why did he get fired though? It's been, what? Three days?"

I replied, "I don't really wanna cause drama but all I can say is that he wasn't treated very nicely. Now if you'll excuse me I really need to go, goodbye"

I opened the door and Jimin instantly looked my way to see who it was. His eyes lit up when he saw it was me, lifting himself up from the chair.

"sorry I kept you waiting for a while" I apologized, hearing him say "it's okay" as I already continued to talk, "Kayte was confused about the situation. But don't worry, I didn't give her all the information because I did not wanna cause drama"

"she needs to mind her own business. Let's go somewhere else and have our ice cream-- hurry" Jimin grabbed my hand and entwined his fingers with mines, we both walking on the side walk while eating our ice creams.