04

The only pulse of warmth he could feel was in his right hand. He squinted his eyes to the sharp ray of light escaping through the curtain. His eyes adjusted to the an unfamiliar ceiling. When he gazed at the source of warmth, he found his uncle Song Jiyang clutching to his fist and sleeping to the side of the bed. Song Jiyang Woke up to the movement of Xiao Zhan. 

"A-Zhan!" Song Jiyang hugged him so tight. 

"A- Zhan!" He repeated again and again while holding his nephew in the tight embrace. 

"Uncle....too tight.." Xiao Zhan struggled a little but the warmth soon took away all the cold he had faced before. Instantly  he remembered.

"Where's A-Cheng and Little Star?" Xiao Zhan asked looking around. Now that he had taken a good look, he realized that he was in a hospital. The beep of the machine attach to his heart and drip drop of the glucose pined to his arm brought him back to his sense. 

"A-Cheng and the other boy are safe but...." Song Jiyang lost his will to continue. The tears started to form in his eyes again. From the looks of it, he had been crying a lot. His eyes  were already swollen. 

"Uncle what happened? "Xiao Zhan placed his hand over his uncle but before he could ask anything further, his grandma stepped inside the ward.

"Grandma!!" the little boy immediately lit up. Liu Tingyu tried to smile but her painful expression couldn't fool Xiao Zhan. He started to worry about the two kids. What if they got severely sick? What if they got Hypothermia and their organs got affected?

 Liu Tingyu sat next to her grandchild and hug him gently while caressing his silky hair. 

"Grandma how long was I asleep?" Xiao Zhan asked hugging back Liu Tingyu. 

"5 days." Liu Tingyu stated.

"That long?"

"Your breathing became unstable and doctors had to put you in ICU." 

"What about the others?" 

"A-Cheng had a fever but recovered in 3 days." 

"And the little sta- Yibo?" 

"That boy is with his family now."

"Did he meet his brother?" 

"I think it was his brother and uncle who picked him up." 

Xiao Zhan heaved a sigh of relief. Despite how Wang Yibo was totally uncooperative, he really loved his brother and Xiao Zhan could feel the loneliness of the boy. If they ever had a chance, Xiao Zhan would like to meet with the boy again and become friends.

"Where's mom and dad?" Xiao Zhan asked and the two halted at once. Song Jiyang who had stopped crying moments ago started to tear up again. Xiao Zhan was confused, he was ready to be scolded by his parents for staying out for too long but that sound never came.

Liu Tingyu kissed Xiao Zhan's forehead and said, " A-Zhan, They're in a better place." 

A better place?

Back at the inn, Wu Hao noticed the change in the weather and saw the forecast to confirm a storm. 

"A-Liu, Kids aren't back yet?"  

"Zhan Zhan said he had to say goodbye to his new friend. He wanted to give him something and even took money from me." Cici Liu said smilingly while packing their bags. It was the last week of their holiday and they had to go to Jiujiang first to drop Wang Zhuocheng then back to their own hometown in Chongqing.