34

Warning

The dwindling light would flicker simultaneously as the body beneath welter in an excruciating agony. The hard metal buckling the arms, had lost its color to red while the chains around the legs were all crimson. Sometimes, he would cry out shaking to free himself from this nightmare. While other times, he would lie down numbly like a corpse, not caring how the sharp tools were operating on his body.

Amidst constant cycle of consciousness and unconsciousness, there was only one thing Xiao Zhan said,

"...Kill me...please..."

Xiu Qing did save Zhuocheng by transplanting the kidney but kept him unconscious in front of Xiao Zhan, using him (WZC) as a leash to control him (XZ).

But there's only so much a person could bear.

"Dao Min, get the towel, he's bleeding." Xiu Qing directed his assistant, named Liu Dao Min. The two had worked together to built the Readapt Testing Lab.

"He's bleeding? Does that mean the experiment was a success?" Liu Dao Min asked wiping away the blood that trickled down Xiao Zhan's thigh.

"Theoretically it is a success, to prove it, we still need to give the body a little rest." Xiu Qing elaborated. When he first met Xiao Zhan, the boy looked so beautiful that he almost mistook him for a girl. That's when the inspiration for polymorphism came to him.

Why can't male give birth?

Thus, he began his experimenting, butchering many unfortunate souls, fiddling with their bodies, planting wombs in them. But they couldn't stay alive much longer. Xiao Zhan was the only test subject that came as far as to bleed – menstrual breakdown.

"We will be needing sperms to test it out later. For now, his body needs time to register the new changes." Xiu Qing added, while stitching back Xiao Zhan's open stomach. It would leave a big scar, not just on the body.

It has been days since they began experimenting on Xiao Zhan. Tied to the cot, with body aching all over, the torture was enough that Xiao Zhan just wished they made a mistake and he dies.

The times when he was sane, he would think why hasn't anybody come to save us yet? if Zhuocheng weren't by his side, he would think he was abandoned. Or maybe they really did abandon him?

A gleaming light, I see in the sky.

I wonder why it shine so bright?

Is it you my love, that I wish to see.

Come find me, it is hard to breathe.

He would sing a little, hoping to die having good memories of his family and Bo-di. And the times when he wasn't sane, he would scream in pain, begging to be spared.

"Just kill me already!!"

His whole body trembled under the tools that tinkered with his flesh and soul.

They might not have killed him physically but his spirit was long dead.

One of those days, Xiu Qing was checking on Xiao Zhan, taking blood samples and running many X-rays when the sudden clamor from outside startled him. Liu Dao Min and Sun Cheng Xuan came running towards him, panting as he said.

"The police are here!"

"What?!"

"They have freed the children."

Hearing that, Xiao Zhan's body begun to shake. Remembering their angelic faces, he cried,

"You lied!! You said, you let the children go!! How could you do that to them?! Don't you have any remorse?!" Xiao Zhan screamed, casting new wounds.