16

"Can you tell me about Dr.Liu?"

There was a little pause in the other's voice. Maybe she was thinking?

"What do you want to know about him?"

"W-what kind of a person he is?" Xiao Zhan wanted to straightforwardly ask if he had anything to do with Wang Yibo, but he couldn't bring himself to ask. It was still so painful.

"Oh let me tell you! Once I misplaced my stethoscope and turned the whole office upside down and he came after all the chaos with my stethoscope and only managed to say 'oh'.   Was he serious?! He should have told me he borrowed it! Still makes so mad!" The person said, fuming.

"Hahaha Ziyi Jie, I know it was you, who probably left it in his office." Xiao Zhan was more than aware of Meng Ziyi's forgetfulness. When she was with Xuan Lu, she would often forget about their dates but being kind as Xuan Lu was, she always forgave her.

"Are you accusing me?!"

"Nope. Definitely it was his fault!" Xiao zhan most certainly didn't want to get scolded.

"But why do you want to know about him, suddenly?" the other person was curious to what might have caused his suspicion. She knew that one way or the other, he would be asking this, but she never thought it would be this soon.

"I...no reason, I just wanted to know If I could trust him or not."

"Don't you think it's a little late for that?"

Meng Ziyi was right. Xiao Zhan had already promised his uncle to wait for him, he had already told the doctor, part of his misery. What harm would he get telling him more? And if he got better, maybe he could see Wang Yibo again? Maybe without fear and maybe without regret?

"He came to Beijing only last month. I didn't really interact with him but I am A-Xing's guardian so it was bound to happen. But Zhan if you want to know about him, you should ask him. It is not my place to say anything."

"I'll do that then, thank you Ziyi Jie." Xiao Zhan sighed. He really should be brave and face things on his own. He couldn't possibly run forever.

"No problem, love."

"You will give your girlfriend a heart attack, you know." Xiao Zhan retorted.

"Not my girlfriend, maybe your boyfriend." There was clear tease in the other's voice.

"What?" Xiao Zhan asked but the other person turned off the call.

Beep Beep-

Xiao Zhan sighed and shook his head. Meng Ziyi hadn't changed at all. Still so childish as ever. Xiao Zhan decided to look at the messages that his doctor had send him. And the guilt crawled in him.

Doc: Good Morning Mr.Zhan. Did you sleep well?

Doc: Have you eaten a healthy breakfast?

Doc: If your nephew forces you to eat fast food, reject him. You need nourishment.

Doc: Are you alright?

Doc: You must be busy.

Doc: Good Night!

Doc: Are you okay? You can tell me if something happened.

Doc: Did you sleep well? Are you eating well?

Doc: Did someone say anything to you? If you're busy just please send me a quick text so I would know that you are okay at least.

Doc: Can I call you I'm worried?