25

It was like before, engulfed in same scent in the presence of the same person. It has happened far too many times for him to register, he almost felt like he was back in time, back to his beloved. But no- this is different, this is a nightmare.

Zhuocheng reprimanded himself, not to be weak. Not now, when he's so much closer to obtaining his goal. He took a gander at the person who used to be all his, he wished to stare at him all the day but he didn't have the right to anymore. He swiftly rolled off the bed, without making a sound and hurried out of the room before the mellow person could wake up.

An abrupt stop to his movements, when a firm yet gentle hand gripped his wrist. Like a melody of an angel, a voice followed,

"Are you running away again?"

Zhuocheng didn't need to look at the face to know the cause, for the voice owns his heart. But he couldn't waver. He let his quivering heart settled down and without sparing a glance, coldly he said,

"Does it matter? We are already over."

Yes, he's running away. From his happiness, from his heart, from himself. But not from the mellow person, it was for his sake, he reminded himself time and time again.

Did he have to hurt him to save him?

Why couldn't there be any other way? He knew the mellow heart like his own, he knew he wouldn't charge for his own justice. But not him, Zhuocheng would go high and low just for the sake of his loved ones. Even if it meant, to turn into a monster that brings nothing but nightmares to the person he's suppose to bring sweet dreams.

The grip on his wrist only tightened as his reply made the mellow person feel hurt. One abrupt moment and he was already pushed to the bed, harshly.

"What the heck are you –"

His complaints were swallowed in his mouth with an aggressive kiss. It was the first time, the mellow person was using this much force on him.

No matter how much he struggled, he couldn't free himself from the firm yet warm grip of his beloved.

"...is this what you really want, Cheng? Do you really wish to walk away from me, forever?"

The heart throbbing plead struck so many chords in his heart. The look on his beloved, was a desperation of a child.

Just how could he manage to say something exact opposite of what he feels?

"Leave me alone."

The words were harsh but his voice betrayed him, making it sound like a cry for help. Something like a small droplet landed on his face, he looked up to see and the remaining pieces of his heart were crashed so severely. Unconsciously he called

"Don't cry..."

The single droplet turned into many, and soon the face of his beloved was shedding the broken tears escaped directly from his heart. He could deal with anything but not this. He almost gave in to his heart.

"...let me feel you one last time and then I will bid goodbye." Liu Huai Kuan cried like his world was being chased out of his arms.

Many ripples of agony invaded his heart, how he thought death might be less painful.

With his thumb, he wiped away those sad tears and granted his beloved's last wish.

It wasn't the first time, the two were completely engrossed in each other, Zhuocheng wished to take away his tears, his sadness and his broken heart with him. He wanted to be selfish and pray his beloved would love him forever but that's just wishful thinking. He was already being selfish.