28

Xuan Lu was striding back and forth, trying to dial her brothers' numbers. Both Xiao Zhan and Zhuocheng were not picking up. And with the current news that Zhuocheng gave, made her feel extremely uneasy, she was one click away from booking a ticket and flying to Luoyang herself.

"Mom?" Qi Pei Xin saw his, otherwise calm mother, anxious. Worriedly, he went to her and asked.

"A-Xin. Where is your father?" Xuan Lu asked, panic clear in her voice.

"Dad is out taking a call."

"Please call him inside."

"Mom, what happened?" Qi Pei Xin concernedly asked. That's when Xuan Lu realized, she's making her baby worried. She took a deep breath and schooled her expression. Calmly with a smile, she replied.

"Nothing A-Xin. If you see your father, call him upstairs and make sure you drop your friends back to their houses."

"Mn." Qi Pei Xin nodded, still not convinced but he decided to not make her mother worried.

Stepping out of the Mansion, Qi Pei Xin spotted his father, before he could call, he heard something really shocking.

"I know A-Lu was pregnant when she was still in relationship with Meng Ziyi but they are history now and I don't see a reason why I should bring it up?  What would the evidence do now?  Wang Yibo! The discussion is over!"

Cao Yu Chen cut the call, and after calming down himself, he entered the Mansion.

The expression on Qi Pei Xin was an amalgam of shock, pain and terror. He went to call his father but upon hearing that, he just hid behind the big pillar. His legs had already given up, he slumped down the pillar with trembling figure.

What was that?

He knew that his parents got married quite early, but he thought it was because they dearly loved each other and couldn't wait. But from what he heard, he no longer thought that was the case.

Qi Pei Xin didn't mind his mother dating another, it was in the past but the fact she was pregnant and in a relation ship with someone else, he didn't know how to take that. A nasty thought rose up in his stomach, making him feel disgusted at himself,

Am I even your son, Dad?

His little world was threatening to fall.

. . .

Zhuocheng stepped out of the hotel room, collecting the last of the memories of the person he loves, determined to save every one. His life didn't matter to him anymore. The kind of person Liu Huai Kuan was, he would easily find someone worthy of him and move on. So, what would be the point of him to live on? If he could protect everyone and die, wouldn't that be a feat?

Love is a fairy tale, few get to read.

A sudden tug from behind and his world tilted to the side, unable to carry out his weight, he stumbled until he was enfolded in something sturdy. His mind went blank as he immediately recognized the scent. Zhuocheng struggled to free himself but the other person embraced him tighter.

A muffled cry could be heard from above,

"You love me...You said you love me."

Shocked by those words, Zhuocheng stopped struggling. He looked up to his beloved, pearls of tears escaping his beautiful eyes. That face is meant to smile not cry.

He reached out his hand and wiped those lonely tears. But the sudden touch of warmth caused more to follow.

"Is that why you broke up with me?" The broken eyes demanded.