Changeling 15

A few more people came and worked on their own crafts, the room had everything one could dream for; sketch tables, painting easels with piles upon piles of paint, pottery wheels, massive drawers filled with fabric with sewing gears, stone slabs for sculpting, a collection of cameras and lenses, wood for whittling, and so much more... Another section even had a glass oven and a smitty for Pete's sake!

Needless to say, this was absolute heaven for a creative person.

I came back to my room just as Erika was waking up, her hair in a tangled mess. She yawned and waved at me, stretching at the same time. I waved back and sat down on my bed.

"Where did you go last night?" She asked.

"I kind of just felt out of place and went home. I didn't want to bother you."

"Aww." She hugged me and I froze. "You should have told us."

That was easy to say, my anxiety didn't agree.

"Well, let me give you my phone number, so you can contact me if you ever need to." She put her hand out expectantly. I gave her my phone and she added herself to my contacts, then gave it back.

"If you don't mind, I'm gonna get dressed."

She grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom, taking a quick shower. I took the time to message my family, informing them of how I was, and sending them a picture of my latest artwork. I checked Liam and I's chat, still no answer...

"You're looking gray."

I looked up, I hadn't noticed her getting out.

"It's just... complicated..."

"Dolcezza, I deal with complicated all the time, you can tell me." She sat down next to me.

Maybe she could understand, after all, I didn't need to lie to her. So I told her everything, about Liam, how he was my best friend and maybe a little more than that... Of the date he'd missed and how I'd become a jinni...

"I'm so sorry..." She wrapped her arms around me.

"I miss him, and he won't answer me..."

"I don't think he's mad at you, it's not like he could know..."

"What is it then?"

"I don't know, you should talk to him."

"How, he won't answer my texts."

"Nadia, you're a Jinn, you can get anything you wish for."

"I can't fulfill my own wishes."

"Good thing I'm here for you then." She winked. "Can I?"

I nodded.

"I wish that you get to see Liam soon and clear it all up."

I didn't fight the wish, I let the heat fill me and I closed my eyes, I remembered Lucian's words on shaping the wish. I thought about Liam and his father down all the way in Oregon, all too far. Come to me, let's be together again. I kept the image in my mind and spoke the word;

"Granted."

Erika kissed my head.

"Thank you."

"That's what friends are for."

She got up and offered me a hand up. In the surprise, I hadn't noticed the cute little flower dress she wore under an unbuttoned denim jacket.

I took her hand. "I like your dress."

"Thanks! I made it myself." She grinned and did a little twirl for me.

"Really pretty..." I blushed a little. Erika was a real pretty girl, so bright and warm like her smile, she exuded this strong loving energy. She must have had so many people crushing on her.