Changeling 19

The next day, Clarissa came in with her leg in a cast and crutches, clearly, she had received her pony along with my little additions. She glared at me as we met in class.

I was outside by myself during recess when she approached me.

"You are dead meat."

"You ask for the stupid pony, don't blame me for your dumbass idea turning sour, don't you know not to mess with a Jinn.."

"You know what, I wish for you to die."

Crap on a cracker!

The heat of the power swelled up, I tried not to panic, repeating to myself mentally; don't fight it... Find a way around it.

She didn't say how or when... I set my mind to old age, dying peacefully after a ridiculously long life, surrounded by loved ones, I added some awards to the picture for good measure.

"Granted," I said, and nothing felt different.

"Why aren't you—"

"Didn't say how, I arranged for myself to die of old age, surrounded by loved ones after a well-accomplished life. Thank you for that."

"I wish you to die right now."

The heat of the wish didn't come over me.

"Looks like there's no counter wishing," I said, victorious. "Now, if you try one more wish, hell if you open your mouth, I will set you on fucking fire and turn you to ashes fuck the consequences, you just tried to murder me."

I set my hands ablaze and her eyes went narrow.

"You wouldn't—"

"I'm the terrorist about to blow, your words not mine, now I'm giving you ten seconds to get out of my sight."

She didn't stay. And I took a breath, dousing my flames. My head rang a little from using so much power.

Erika came to my side. "Are you okay?"

"Well Clarissa just tried to murder me, and my head's ringing probably from overreaching..."

"What did she do?"

"Wished me dead, had to grant it to be sure."

"You're gonna die!?"

"I set it up to be from old age."

She breathed a sigh of relief.

"It's easier to shape it than to try to stop it." I massaged my temple. "You know what, I'm gonna go back home and rest, I feel like garbage."

"You do that." She kissed my head. I left school and went back to the house where I found old Nan in the kitchen.

"You should be in school."

"I'm getting a migraine coming, do you have any medicine?"

"Ah." She went into the bathroom by the kitchen and took out a medical kit, from which she gave me aspirin before taking my temperature. "You smell like power."

"Some bitch—"

"Language my darling."

"Sorry, some nasty as all get out girl forced me to grant her wishes."

"Ah, you get some rest then, I'll call in sick for you."

"Thank you."

She went back to the kitchen where the dishes from the morning were still stacked high, she stacked them in the sink.