Changeling 17

After my first class was another, and then Lunch came. I met back with Cassie and we went to the cafeteria together, we picked a table to meet back at and headed toward the kitchen. Unlike public school Union Bay High boasted having professional chefs doing the cooking and we could see them hard at work, making a variety of dishes, you actually ordered rather than just grabbing stuff from a counter.

The Asian beef stir fry seemed like the safest option so I got that and some chocolate milk, one of my guilty pleasures and not as bad as people might assume on the diabetes front.

At our table, a girl with blonde dyed hair was sitting next to Cassie and they were talking real close in whispers. For a moment, I kind of felt out of place and like I'd be interrupting, but I came closer and Cassie waved at me.

"This is my twin sister Kaitlyn," Cassie said.

"I'm Nadia, I share homeroom with Cassie," I extended a hand.

While tiny Cassie had this little timid adorable dorkish energy, her sister carried herself with strength, her eyes were sharp and piercing. The two were definitely not the identical kind of twins.

"Kaitlyn, I'm Cassie's cooler sister." She said with a grin.

Cassie rolled her eyes.

"Nadia!" Erika said, having come up behind me. She gave me a one armed hug and sat down. "Hey Kaitlyn."

"You know each other?"

"We were in the same class last year," Erika said.

"Cool," I said, I then leaned over and whispered, "Are you alright, you looked kind of upset earlier at Clarissa..."

"I'm fine," she sighed, "And I guess now you know about me..."

"Hey, I don't give a crap, you're my friend and a gal all the way."

"Thanks." She hugged me again. "Just so you know, Kaitlyn and Cassie know, they're part of our team on that front."

I smiled, I'd never had a queer crowd back home, the only gay teens were the 'right' kind of gay; pretty white boys.

"Everything alright, love birds?" Kaitlyn teased. "Would you like a room?"

"Nope, just gals being pals," I said.

"Boring then," She faked a pout.

"Blame Erika, I'm very much a yes homo kind of gal."

"My kind of gal," Kaitlyn said with a wink, her sister just blushed, holding a juice box with both hands like a protective shield.

We kept eating and talking, comparing our various classes through the week as well as our electives. Erika and Kaitlyn were theater gals, while Cassie did music, we didn't share all that much things all considered.

After a while, my bladder itched. "If you excuse me, I need to pee."

I found the Girl's room, a line was waiting so I took my blood sugar. Then my turn came, I did my business, came out and was going to wash my hands when someone pushed me into the corner and against the wall.

I turned and saw Clarissa.

"Well, well well, we meet again," She said.

I didn't bother answering her, just washing my hands and staring straight at them.

"I've heard that you grant wishes, and you can't control it just yet."

How did she know that? Hours after we'd first meet too...

"Maybe we started on the wrong foot you know, you could be useful to me, and people who are useful to me can get on my good side, that's a very good place to be."