Changeling 31

I stayed over at Liam's that night. In the morning we had breakfast with his dad, who was definitely not expecting to see me. I had a few worried texts by Erika whom I reassured I was well alive.

"I need to hurry home, get changed before classes."

"Alright."

He escorted me to the door.

"So... are we...?"

"Dating?"

He nodded.

"We could be if you want."

"I do wanna."

I came forward and kissed his forehead. "Liam, do you wanna be my boyfriend?"

"Yes, all the yes."

We shared another kiss, short and sweet.

"I have a girlfriend!" He kept saying repeatedly, swinging his body side to side in a happy stim.

"I'll see you at school then."

He hugged me tightly. "I love you."

Okay, he was really going all out. "I love you too Liam."

With that final hug, I left, getting into my car and driving back home. I hurried back upstairs only for Jesse to intercept me, a grin on their face.

Look at you coming home at the break of dawn dressed like last night," Jesse said, "Who's that I'm smelling all over you?"

"It's not what you think."

"I mean you don't smell like sex, but do tell."

"My old childhood friend Liam moved here and we spent the evening together... And well I guess we had a lot of feelings bottled up, cause we're kind of dating..."

I heard the sound of someone choking up and saw Kieran, staring at us. I hadn't seen or heard him... He could be so damn sneaky...

He hurried past us and I ran to catch him.

"Kieran, please wait!" I grabbed his arm and he stopped.

"What do you want?" He asked flatly, looking away from me.

"I just want to talk."

"We don't have anything to talk about."

"Please..."

"You told me you needed time, I was willing to wait... But then you come around and you're seeing someone else? Did you even mean it when you said that? Or were you too afraid to just say no to me?"

"I'm sorry okay... I never planned any of this..."

"That doesn't matter, you went around and played with my feelings whether you wanted to or not..."

"I really did mean what I said to you, I do like you Kieran, but with Liam... It's complicated... We've had our chance, fluffed it because of this whole Changeling thing and now he's back..."

"You made your choice, live with it."

He broke off my grip and rushed downstairs, his aura manifesting into a haze of feathers. I heard the front door slam shut, a flight of crows soon circled the house, cawing menacingly...

I lost it, falling down and crying my heart out. Jesse came and helped me up and back to my room. Erika was tending to her hair, the bathroom door open when she saw me. The whole world went blurry as my eyes watered.

"Oh my god! What happened!"

"Kieran didn't exactly react well to Nadia seeing someone else," Jesse said.