Changeling 28

I tossed and turned a lot that night, thinking of that moment outside my room with Kieran last night.

I got up stupidly early and went down for coffee when Jesse intercepted me outside their room with a smile.

"Someone had some fun last night," they teased.

"What."

"I could feel the romance in the air when you came back," they winked, "that sweet, sweet smell." They grinned, "I can still smell it on you, someone's got romance in their mind."

"Uh..."

"I'm being literal, it's like roses and strawberries mixed together."

"Your powers are weird."

"I haven't even told you about the period bit."

"The what now?"

"I can smell where people are in their cycle," they sniffed the air, "I'd say you're about due this weekend." Okay, they were right and this was slightly creepy and extremely weird. Concubus, man, they're weird as all heck. "My best guess, it's to avoid risking making babies."

"Right."

They put an arm around my shoulder.

"So, you and Kieran, I have to know everything."

"Look, I don't know, we went out, I had fun and kissed him."

"Juicy," they grinned, "are you two a thing then?"

"We haven't gotten to that point yet, we kind of left off at kissing last night."

"Would you like to be?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure... I like him, but at the same time there's something nagging at me that this is just the worst time to get tangled in those kinds of things..."

"Why don't you come into my room and tell me all about it," they offered, "I have plenty of coffee."

"You had me at coffee."

I came into Jesse's room, it was nothing like the others, a massive bed took the brunt of the room. A massive dresser was overflowing with clothes haphazardly piled up. They had a big plasma tv and their own video game consoles. There was one of those fancy single cup coffee machines on a table.

William Snakespeare was comfortably inside of his big terrarium, lazily hanging from a big branch under the warmth of a heat lamp.

"You don't have a roommate?"

"Considering my situation, they gave me a little more privacy than usual. I'd make for a terrible roommate,"

The floor was covered in stuff; dirty clothes,

Jesse set their machine to make me a cup of coffee and I sat down, trying to ignore the mess and the chaotic energies it stewed into the room.

"I don't suppose you'd like to have a little fun while you're still officially single?."

I choked a little.

"You are the best to tease," they winked.

They gave me my coffee and I held it tight.

"Are you actually seeing anyone, or just messing around?" I asked, not daring to look at them.

"I don't really date," Jesse said, "It makes things too complicated, I prefer to keep things casual."

I nodded, taking a moment to phrase my next thought. "Okay, I don't know how to say it without it sounding judgemental, but do you sleep with anyone?" I asked.