Changeling 35

I woke up without remembering having gone down.

I was covered in unfamiliar silky sheets, in a bed that soft as jello. My mind thumped against the walls of my skull as if trying to escape. My body was sore and stiff in all sorts of intimate places...

The pounding inside my head made recollecting the night before an impossibility, but everything slowly came into place; Homecoming, my night with Liam, coming back, and getting with Jesse.

"You look like you could use a drink and some aspirin," Jesse said, coming into my sight with a bottle of water and some pills.

I chugged them down in a swing.

"I don't remember going to sleep..."

"That's because you passed out in the middle of things," they let out a little snicker, "A concubus' touch can do that," they came forward and took my temperature, wrist against my forehead.

"I'm an idiot..." I mumbled. "If there was any chance to save things with Liam, it's over now."

"Having regrets?"

"Part of me just wants to blame it all on my impulse control disorder, but I'm the one who did it, I knew what I was doing."

Jesse hugged me. "Maybe you just need to give Liam a free pass with me," they teased, "I know I wouldn't mind getting my hand on that little carrot top."

I gave them a look.

"He's cute, sue me."

I shook my head. I grabbed my clothes, finding it among the carpet of dirty clothes covering every inch of Jesse's floor. That itch nagged at me, such chaotic energy, absolutely no balance.

"Your room is absolutely disgusting."

"It's just clothes."

I grabbed the clothes and started piling them on the bed.

"What are you doing?"

"Cleaning your fucking mess."

"Excuse me, my room."

"It's driving me nuts and besides cleaning relaxes me." I kept going, throwing things into an unused laundry basket.

"Some of those clothes are clean,"

"How would you know."

He grabbed a shirt and sniffed it.

"Ew."

"It's just a little bit of sweat, jeez."

I grabbed all the stuff and slammed it into the wash basket, it took a good twenty minutes before you could see the floor once again. Then I started grabbing all the junk, papers, and empty bottles. How Jesse could live in such filth, I didn't know... At least there was no food.

Jesse tried to argue but I kept going, just focusing on the task and forgetting about everything else.

"Happy now?" Jesse asked once their room was acceptably clear.

"It's not optimal, but at least the flow of energy's not as toxic." I looked around, the furniture could have been moved, but that was a bit too much to hope for.

Jesse rolled their eye, I knew people found my intrusive thoughts dumb and annoying, but I couldn't help them.

"So, Erika and I were planning on going out tonight, want to come with us?"

"Not really, but I also don't want to be alone..."

Jesse patted my head. "Well, I have all day, I'm still nice and charged from last night," they gave me a grin.