1

LISA POV

"I told you to shut the fuck up Ella is asleep" I whisper to Irene who is currently smashing the house down , she's broken the lamp , the vase and anything she can practically find.

"LET ELLA HEAR ME , ELLA , GUESS WHAT? YOUR MOM LISA IS A CHEATER" she shouts out loud.

I ball my fists and run my hands through my hair as I pull through the roots.

The reason why we argue is over anything. I love Irene but she does not fucking trust me.

There's this girl at work , who has a crush on me , she gets me lunch , I have never done anything for her to like me but she does and Irene is aware of it since Mina has messaged my phone telling me she 'loves me and looks forward to seeing me every morning'.

From there Irene turned into a completely psycho.

I hate that we argue in front of Ella , I always tell her to talk to me when Ella is at school but she doesn't want to listen to me , she's literally finding any excuse to call me out.

Irene's alcohol problem just started getting worse after she found out Mina likes me , it wasn't this bad before.

She would drink , she would come home drunk , would shout at Ella , force her to sleep early , sometimes she forgets to pick Ella up from school.

I try my best to protect Ella but sometimes it isn't enough.
-
I sleep downstairs on the couch , then my alarm goes off , I run upstairs and wake Ella up.

"Good morning princess" I sit on her bed , she stretches and I carry her as she giggles.

"Muuuuuummy I'm sleeepy" she complains

"I know princess , but you have to go school , didn't you say you want to be a teacher?" I ask her

Ella loves her school teachers , she wants to become a teacher now.

"Yes I do but I'm sleepy mummy" she rubs her eyes as I place her inside the bath

"You can't be a teacher if you can't teach anything , you need to learn and my daughter is a genius isn't she?" I wink and she nods

"I am a genius" she nods her head and I help her bath , she's only 8 years old.

Once she's ready for school , I brush her hair and then walk downstairs to Irene who looks sleepy.

I walk to her and peck her lips.

"Morning babe" I say to her

"Morning" she smiles and kisses Ella's head.

Ella sits down as she eats the cereal Irene prepared for her.

When Irene is in a good mood she is in a good mood.

We always forget our arguments the next morning , I understand she's drunk most times.

"Mum I wanted pancakes" Ella complains to Irene , she's asked for pancakes all week , I help get Ella ready it's the least Irene could do.

"You can't get everything in life Ella" Irene rolls her eyes and sips her tea , there's the fucking attitude again.

"But I thought you said you were going to make it this week , it's Friday today mum" Ella innocently whines as she plays with her cereal.

I sigh as I rub Ella's hand

"Don't worry Ella I'll make you pancakes tomorrow , it's Saturday , as soon as your awake you'll be getting pancakes" I smile at her and Irene sighs

"There you are , fucking spoiling her again? People don't have shit like this , she should be fucking grateful , your acting like the good parent so she can hate me aren't you" Irene growls as she slams her fist on the table , I run my hands through my hair , I'm fucking exhausted.

I can see Ella startled , she looks terrified of her own mother.

"Ella go and get your school bag" I say to her so she doesn't have to see this.

She runs up.

"I am not acting like the good parent Irene , I just wouldn't promise her something and then not fucking do it , stop acting like this in front of her" I sigh as I witness Ella come downstairs slowly , a bit scared , she probably saw me and Irene speaking now.

"Okay you ready princess , let's go" I smile as I take Ella's hand , even if it's a fake smile and Ella knows it , I hate that she has to see this shit.