53

JENNIE POV

"Are you sure Irene doesn't know?" I ask in a whisper

"Not a single clue sweetheart , plus I wanted my granddaughter to see you on her birthday , no one makes her smile like you do" Irene's mom smiles

I actually found her grandmother's number as a emergency contact number and I know it's fucked up that I did that but I was mad at Lisa and I felt rebellious.

So I called Irene's mom and to my surprise she managed to tell Irene she was taking Ella out for a drive but she really brought Ella to me.

Jisoo , Chaeyoung , Irene's Mom and Ella are in my house and we cut a cake for her.

"Make a wish Ellie" I smile and then she holds my hand and closes her eyes as she makes her wish.

"I made a wish Nini" she smiles as she looks at me , I don't know why but I felt like I knew what she wished for even if she has never directly said it to me I always feel as if I understand and know ella well.

I pull her into my arms and kiss her forehead.

She wants the same thing that I want and even though Lisa might have wanted that but today she was setting me up with JB , it hurt because I love her and it isn't nice to see and I understand we agreed to be friends but it isn't nice at all.

"Nini thank you so much for the cupcakes and for the cake and for the balloons and for all the gifts and thank you Jisoo Aunty and Rosé aunty and thank you grandma for brining me to Nini I promise I'll keep it a secret" she rambles on and we all look at her in adoration and begin laughing.

30 minutes later I get another knock on my door and I expected it to be Lisa considering it's something she would do but as soon as I realised it was my mom I slammed the door as hard as possible incase she brought my father or my brothers and I ran to hide Ella but Jisoo and Rosé knew what was going on and also helped me hide Ella.

"Hey hey you don't have to do that it's okay I called her I called her" Irene's mom says as she holds Ella

"What do you mean? Why would you do that?" I sigh heavily

"I wanted her to see that Ella loves you and you love her" she calmly explains to me

"I didn't need my mom to see that" I shake my head

I didn't even want Ella to know there's something going on between Lisa and I because I never want her to be let down or given false hope.

"Please Jennie , I really want my granddaughter happy , she just wants to wish Ella a happy birthday" Irene's mom whispers to me and I sigh heavily before pulling Ella to me .

Rosé walks to open the door and my mom walks in with a gift bag.

"Hi Ella , I'm Jennie's mom" she smiles widely as she hands Ella the gift bag

"Thank you Nini's mom , what is it?" She asks my mom as my mum smiles widely at her

"It's a dollhouse , your Nini used to love them as a little girl so I thought I'd get it for you as well" my mom smiles as she looks back up at me but I sigh as I cross my arms and watch them two speak and both go insane about the doll house , I used to love those so much.

I feel so nervous I don't know if this is a set up so I pull Ella onto my lap and wrap my arms around her protectively as I feed her cake.

"Do you wanna leave your toys at Nini's house so everytime you come you can play with them?" I ask her

She nods as she chews on the cake , I just don't want irene to see the gifts and upset her.

"Nini I want to stay over at your house , it's so warm and cozy here" she looks around

"Your Nini sleep walks you know" Jisoo laughs

"Nini sleep walks?" Ella gasps

"Yeah one time her father and I had to stop her from going to Walmart 3 in the morning" my mom joins in and they all begin laughing

"It happened one time only" I sigh

"I can name about 5 times you have done it , remember when I asked you where you were going and you said you need new bra's , this was roughly 3 in the morning as well" Rosé joins in and then they all start laughing especially Ella.

"I don't recall" I shrug

"I have a video , shall I mirror it to the TV" Jisoo asks

"Your so lucky Ella's here" I smile as fake as possible but that makes them laugh harder.

"Ok Irene is asking where Ella is , I think I should take her now" Ella's grandmother says as she stands up

"Can't I stay with Nini? Can't you say that mommy has me?" Ella whines

Please do not cry I won't be able to send her home if she cries.

"You see , the thing is if you don't go home I won't be able to sort out your surprise that Jisoo and Rosé are helping me with" I wink at her

"A surprise?" She gasps

"Yes a surprise , your not allowed to see until your birthday" Rosé adds as she hugs Ella

"Okay I'm so excited" she jumps excitedly and my mom just watches with the brightest smile on her face.

"You be a good girl for your mom okay" I kiss her forehead as I hug her tight

"Yes Nini" she responds.

Once she leaves I leave the door open and stand there to hint at my mom that it is time to leave.

"She's perfect for you Nini , maybe we was wrong" my mum walks to the door and I stand there waiting for her to actually leave

"Don't call me that" I sigh

"You know Jennie , I love you just as much as you love Ella" My mom adds

"Don't compare me and you mom , there's a big difference you say it but don't show it whereas I show it without having to say it because my actions speak louder than my words , yours don't , thanks for coming over , bye"