27

JENNIE POV

I lay on the ground , I passed out?

Maybe I shouldn't have come back to work , my first day back and that piece of shit kid punched me in the face.

Okay I shouldn't have called him a piece of shit I know his parents have made him the way he is , but the punch knocked me out , I can see a bruise under my eye as I open my phone screen.

I sigh heavily as I walk into my car , I won't give up on him , even if he punched me as I dropped him to school , he's only 14 but he's a tall ass big kid , i passed out and he left me on the floor.

I feel my head throbbing massively and I call Jackson.

"Jack? You there" I say as I sit in my car and lean my forehead on the steering wheel

"Yeah what's up Jen?" He asks me

He's one of my closest friends and we are together everyday since he works with me.

"Yeah um you know Harry , the 14 year old boy the big tall one?" I ask him

"Yeah yeah ofcourse he hit you before , I remember" Jackson says and then he stops speaking "Thats it we're getting the police involved where did he hit you Jen?"

"No getting the police involved Jack , I got this it's just I fucking passed out , my head is pounding and I just came back , I think I need you to go and check on Ella today" I sigh , I've really just come back and Harry hit me.

It's okay Jennie , this shit happens.

Even though I've learnt my self defence skills , my job doesn't allow me to fight back , so I've got to just allow it but it fucking hurts. I feel like sobbing , my chest feels so heavy , but I don't cry over stupid shit like this so I just take a deep breath and drive to my office.

"Have you put an ice pack on it" Jackson says to me

"Yeah I'm going to my office now , just go to Ella around 4 because she finishes school at 3.15 " I respond to him and he agrees.

I drive past Lisa's bakery and I look inside it as I wait at the traffic light , she's working so hard on this and i know that because it is almost done , it makes me so proud of her , she really has a passion for baking even though she finds it stupid it isn't stupid.

I recall the day I went in there and had a paint fight with her , I ended up giving her a kiss that day , I realised I was smiling when I thought of that kiss , don't fucking smile, Irene kissed her that day infront of me and it pissed me off.

It pissed me off because I've kissed her three times and Irene can just casually do it , I have a strong dislike for Irene and I know it isn't very professional of me to just dislike her for my own personal reasons but I grew even more dislike for her when she kissed Lisa in front of me.

Fuck Jennie why is that on your mind when you have an insane migraine from the punch a 14 year old child just gave you.

I'll admit I keep checking my phone for her messages , yet I know I shouldn't , it wasn't nice seeing her at Ella's performance day and her not purposely teasing me , it didn't feel good at all , I know she cares about me and I brush people off all the time that's my issue.

Am I always gonna be alone? Won't I ever have my happy ending like Jisoo and Chae?

Recently I've realised that little things are getting to me , I have brushed so many people off that I'm actually alone , yet I've felt worse about Lisa , especially when I was asked about who my emergency contact was in the hospital I said I didn't have one.