16

JENNIE POV

Once I'm at the station , I'm taken into a meeting room with a bunch of officers , the head of services and Irene.

I cannot lie Irene is fucking pretty , like unreal pretty , it's a shame she's such a bitch to her daughter. She walks around like she gives no fucks. I know I do that sometimes but I really do give a fuck.

And then Lisa walks in , I don't know why I felt happy when she walked in , I just saw her not so long ago when I was in a paint fight with her.

How careless of me to have a paint fight with her when I'm now in a station with her , my boss is next to me and I could be fired.

Even though my parents are from wealthy backgrounds and I could live off them by doing nothing which is what they wanted for me , just to live under them , my dad didn't really care if I got an education or not he just gave us money like it was nothing and same with my mom.

But I wanted to be my own person , I was sick of being spoon fed , Chae and Jisoo kinda helped me with that , they'd always tell me to stop being a child or to make my own food and not tel the maids in our house , I kinda started learning how to cook , I learnt from the maids , I learnt how to do a lot of things that your parents should teach you but they didn't.

Even though I earn my own money my father still transfers me a fat amount of money even if I decline it , for his own peace of mind he wants me to always have a lot of money.

Or maybe he doesn't know what to do with his money , I don't know.

I have enough money even if I lost this job but I never wanted to fall back and rely on my parents for money , I don't wanna be a bum in other words like my brother.

He doesn't work , he just parties and my parents provide him cash. What a bum.

Then it was my turn to talk in the meeting.

"Hi I'm Jennie Kim , I am a social worker , I've been specifically assigned to Ella Manoban , I've spent every Tuesday with her , I take her to shopping , I drop her off to school and back , I would say Ella has formed a trusting relationship with me so when we sit down and have a chat , she would tell me about the anger her mother Irene has. I noted it down"

I opened my note pad and read

"Ella Manoban had told me that her mother drinks a lot of alcohol and sometimes hits her or her mommy Lisa Manoban , she also tells me her mommy protects her and hides her sometimes , she mentioned the glass bottle situation , also told me Irene screams at her for no reason sometimes and calls her horrible names like 'whore' 'tramp'" I close my book and look up

"The fuck you stupid whore , I haven't called my daughter any of those names , she's fucking lying" Irene shouts out

"We can take this to court" I cross my arms and shrug , I'm too relaxed for this dumb bitch to insult me. How does Lisa deal with this shit.

I can see Lisa's eyes on me and it makes me so nervous so I give her the eyes to tell her to stop looking at me but her lips form into a smirk.

Asshole , why am I so triggered , I'm just doing my job but whenever she looks at me I feel as if I'm gonna mess up. I feel stupid and clumsy , oh my god. Why is Lisa making me feel so nervous.

Don't look at her Jennie , just don't look at her, she likes winding you up.

"Irene Manoban will be arrested until the court case which takes place in a months time" the officer decided after we were given details I walk out as fast as possible , I can't have Lisa talk to me or I might do something stupid.

I don't like being stupid.

Getting in my car I drive as soon as possible , to control my nerves and beating heart. It's 4.30 is there a point going back to bed?.

I stop by at the local bakery , waiting in the line until Lisa walks behind me.

She has to be following me

She chuckles when she see's me.

"Why are you here?" I roll my eyes

"I work here , stop following me" she laughs as she crosses her arms , I turn back to the direction of the cue

"I wasn't following you , I came to get a coffee" I cross my arms and she chuckles as she goes behind the counter.

Remind me not to come here again.

After waiting behind people it's finally my turn.

"Hi how can I help you?" The polite man says

"Here you are Ma'am your scones and coffee prepared by yours truly" Lisa interrupts as she smiles at me and places it on the counter.

"I didn't ask for scones"

"And I didn't ask for you to follow me into this shop" she responds and the boy next to her gasps

"You mean this hot girl followed you? your lying" he gasped

"I didn't follow anyone , how much is it?" I roll my eyes

"We don't take payments from stalkers sorry" she winks as she puts her elbow on the boys arm , it looks so hot , fuck she has me so triggered it's annoying me now.

Why does she have to do that smile , ughhhhhh!

I take the scones and the coffee and walk out of the shop , Lisa Manoban.

What the hell is happening and why am I letting her get to my head.