29

IRENE POV

Today I woke up happy after so long , I do not want to touch another drink again , I just want my daughter back so that we can be a happy family again. I think maybe moving out of this house is a good idea , it's so big and it reminds us of the bad times we have had here.

I'm surprised to see Lisa still in bed , she's usually up and running for work , I place a gentle kiss onto her lips to wake her up , she doesn't react like usual , before she would smile and pull me into her but this time her eyes open and she turns to sleep more comfortably.

I let it go though , I mean I've given her too much shit for the past few years and just because she doesn't react like how she used to doesn't mean anything , besides we've been married for a long time now , I guess that's how it gets for old couples?

I go downstairs and decide to prepare breakfast , it's been a long time since I've done it , I look at the little princess plates Ella uses and it breaks my heart.

I forget that there's two of us at home and not three , I guess it's my fault but I've grown from my insane alcoholic stage and I wanna be the mother I can be , the one Ella loves and looks up to , seeing her being close and clingy to all these people that isn't her mother hurts me.

I can't believe I let it go this far and now more than anything I'm learning from my mistakes and that's why I'm going to visit Ella today with Lisa since it's Lisa's day to take her out , although the social workers will be with us I know for sure that I'll block them out so we can be an actual family.

When Lisa's awake I get ready to visit Ella with her although I can sense her hesitation and the awkwardness between us I try and just let it go , maybe she's having a bad day , she did have sex with me the day before yesterday.

Once we see Ella , I pull her into a hug which she allows me to do , then I decide to spoil her at the shopping mall.

"Are you happy that your going to come back home to mommy and I?" I ask Ella

She nods with a big smile "Yes but mom you can't leave me at school please I get tired" she complains and I bend down and nearly tear up when she says that

She's like Lisa , she's so kind and forgiving , and everything is taking a big toll on me , I'm living with regret , I nearly burst into tears as I pull her and sob on her shoulder , she comforts me as she taps my back. "It's okay Mom , Nini said that we should always forgive and forget" she smiles at me

Nini? She's mentioned Nini so many times.

"Who is nini?" I ask her

"Jennie" she smiles

The social worker?

I know she spends time with Ella but I recall the last time we went out that she had asked why Jennie wasn't with us , maybe when Jennie is with her Lisa joins them , I wouldn't be surprised but you can't help but feel really insecure when someone that hot is hanging around with your wife and your daughter practically idolises her.

"Do you love your Nini?" I ask her and then Lisa looks up from her phone as she hears me say that

"Yes I love her bigger than the universe" she widens her arms and I could see Lisa gulp

"I see , let's go and eat" I smile as I decide not to let the jealousy take over me , she's just a social worker and soon I'll be the mother that I could be for Ella , the mother she needs and she won't be mentioning a Nini anymore.

Once were sitting inside the booth and eating , I fed Ella and then watched her and Lisa mess around together , it was like I was watching from the side , they had their own private jokes , their own little secrets and I felt like crying when I sat there and saw my daughter and my wife act like I'm not there.