Chapter 38 : The Necklace

Nashi's POV.

I walked out of my room, into the bathroom, but when I closed the door behind myself my legs gave up and I collapsed to the floor. My knees hit the floor loudly and painfully. I heard rushing footsteps coming closer. All of a sudden the door behind me burst open. I looked up. It was the one and only Lucas and his significant other, Sylvia.

"Sis, are you okay?"

Lucas asked me worriedly. Sylvia was right behind him. I smiled at them.

"Of course."

I got up carefully and turned to them.

"I have to take care of my business here, so will you please close the door?"

He nodded and closed the door. When I finished my business in the bathroom I washed my hands and walked out. A greenish silver-haired woman waited for me beside the door. She smiled at me.

"How are you doing miss Ice Queen?"

I blushed slightly. I started walking to my room with her beside me.

"I've been better. How about you, Beauty Queen?"

She laughed.

"We don't even know each other that much, yet you're talking like we've been friends for ages. I'm quite fine actually. I heard you have a fever."

"Yes, I do. When did you arrive? I would have greeted you before passing out on my bed."

I laughed as I opened the door of my room.

"I actually arrived about an hour ago."

We walked inside my room, as I closed the door. I laid down on my bed and smiled at her as she sat down.

"I see. How was the mission?"

I asked her.

"It was quite fine. By the way.. I brought you something, that might come in handy."

I sat up, looking at her curiously.

"What is it?"

She smiled mysteriously. She pulled out a small thing wrapped in cloth from her pocket. He handed it to me carefully. I took it carefully and unwrapped it.

"It's a fire crystal. I took it from the dragon that I killed on the mission. I had a jeweller form it into a necklace. It was red like fire."

"Thank you

"Thank you."

I smiled at her and hugged her.

"No worries. Just make sure you get healthy again soon."

She laughed playfully. I did so too.

"Thanks. I will."

She nodded, got up and walked out, leaving me to rest. I laid down under the blankets and stared at the necklace until I fell asleep.

Storm's POV.

I was out for medicine for Nashi's fever. It took me quite a while to get her medicine. When I got back and stepped into the house I heard a loud scream coming from upstairs.

"Fuck."

I said under my breath as I ran upstairs as fast as I could. I burst into Nashi's room and saw her lying on the floor, screaming and crying loudly. The others arrived behind me to her door, worriedly.

'This situation seems familiar..'

I rushed over her and picked her back up from the ground. Her body was way hotter than it was hours ago. I saw the red scales appearing around her eyes and neck. My eyes widened as she slowly looked at me, with her chocolate brown eyes. I placed my hand to the back of her neck and started releasing cold from it like I did last time. Her screams slowly fade away, but her temperature was still way more than it should, even for a fire mage. She slowly tried to stand up using my shoulders. I stood up as well, having my hands near her waist if her body decides to lose its balance. She looked around curiously. When her eyes landed on me, and she placed her hands on mines near my waist, she stepped back and looked at me carefully.

"Who are you?.."

She quietly said. My eyes widened.

"Hey, flame brain, this is not funny."

I said to her.

"Hey, I'm not joking."

She gave me a death glare.

"Who are you, people?"

She glared at the people behind me, as her brown eyes turned crimson red as the room heated up.

"Hey, lizard, listen to me.-"

"Who are you calling a lizard?!"

Her hair became blonde as her fists were on fire.

"Then this is how we're playing.."

I said quietly and angrily. I released cold from my hands. She jumped over me, since she wasn't far away, and she tried to grab my neck but failed and burned my shoulder. I grabbed her by the neck and raised her up in the air with one hand. She was trying to burn me but failed. I was looking at her, glaring, as the girls behind me were shouting to put her down. All of a sudden she just held my wrist gently and tried to whisper.

"S-Storm..  I-I can't breathe..!!"

As I heard her I immediately put her down. I saw her chocolate brown eyes again. Her hair was still strawberry blonde coloured, like Luke and Lucas', which made me nervous. She fell onto her knees and started to cough on the floor. I knelt down beside her and was patting her back gently.

She looked up at me with a curious face.

"What happened?"

"What?!"

A couple of teenagers behind me spoke up. We looked at them. They were staring at us, as Emma walked in. She knelt down in front of Nashi and looked at her sadly. Nashi was staring into her eyes, but suddenly she raised her arms and unhooked a necklace in her hands and handed it to Emma.

"I don't know what happened, but this may be the cause. It'll be better if you take care of it."

She nodded and took the necklace then walked out in silence. Then Nashi looked at me.

"Storm, I need a rest, could you please leave..?"

I nodded hesitantly, but got up and walked out with the others, closing the door, behind ourselves.

"What the fuck was that..?"

I whispered.

~~

Finally!!! I hope yall enjoyed this chapter cause this took me weeks T_T. I was suffering. Oh, yeah, sorry for not updating last week, I kinda just lost my pc, and still working on it. I'm working hard to get it back together, but while that's happening I don't know how will I Update.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you next time! Bye!