Chapter 7

Hakeem's POV

I was doing everything I can to be back in Tiana's good graces. That is my baby and none of these broads could every compare. I do want to start our relationship fresh. I was thinking about coming clean and telling her everything. No more lies.

We were currently in bed cuddled up.

"Babe so I was thinking." "You are my everything, and I love you." "And I want to be honest with you." I Replied.

"Hakeem." Tiana responded

"Babe let me finish." I stated.

"Okay." Tiana replied.

"First I wanna say thank you for not giving up on me and most importantly not giving up on us." "I know I can drive you crazy at times, and do things to push you away." I stated.

"I do wanna be honest with you." "When I'm out on the road, I do get a little wild." "That girl that texted my phone the other night, was a back up dancer of mine." "We never had sex but I did make out with her and got private lap dances from her."

"And also after studio sessions I do the same, hit up clubs and get lap dances." "I made out with one girl I met at the club." "I never had sex with any of them."

Tiana was quiet.

"I'm really sorry babe." "I just wanted to be honest with you." I replied.

Tiana moved away from me.

"Babe are you gonna say anything?" I questioned.

"Did you have regrets about us being married?" Tiana asked.

"Unfortunately yes." "I missed the sense of freedom and being single." I replied.

"Well you can have that." Tiana snapped getting out of bed turning to leave.

"No, no babe I don't want that." "I thought I did but I don't." I replied pulling her back.

"Hakeem." Tiana said in a soft voice.

"Trust me babe, you're the one I want to come home too every night." "You're the only woman I wanna be with."
I paused looking into her eyes. "You think you could ever trust me again babe." I asked

"It's gonna take some time Hakeem." Tiana responded.

Bella's POV

I was in a deep sleep until I felt a pillow being thrown at me

"Bella, Bella!" "Omg wake up!" Nyla yelled

"What the hell." "What is wrong with you?" I asked slightly agitated about being woken out of my sleep.

"You got to see this!" Nyla screamed

"What is it?" I questioned.

"Look." Nyla replied handing me her phone.

It was a picture of me and Rich kissing at the studio.

The headline read.

"Empire's new couple alert?"

"Who took this picture?" I panicked.

"Bella relax." "You guys look cute." Nyla replied.

"What about my parents?" "They have no ideal about me and Rich." "My Dad will freak out." I replied

"Well didn't your parents start off the same way?"

"Wasn't your Dad trying to impress your Mom, and he invited her to a club and put her name in a song?" Nyla replied.

"Mhmmm which sounds strangely familiar." Nyla pondered.

"You may be on to something." "What if Rich is trying to create this narrative and get clout off this entire thing." "This could be for buzz and album sales." "And silly ol me fell for it." I sighed

"Chill Bella." "You're making assumptions." "And hypothetically lets say it is for buzz you should just go with it." "You're an up and coming artist. I'm sure you don't wanna be known as the daughter of Hakeem Lyon." "You can promote your music and have an even huge following." Nyla suggested.

"It's just I really was starting to fall for him." "I should have never gotten my feelings involved." I Replied.

"Bella I think you should sell this." "Beat him at his own game." Replied Nyla.

"Nyla!" Nyla's mother yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah Ma!" Nyla yelled back.

"Tell Bella her brother is here."

"What is my brother doing here?" I questioned.

"Oh shit I forgot, he's riding with us to school."

"You know your brother is cute." Nyla smiled.

"Don't even think about it." I Replied making a face.

We headed downstairs.

"Prince I'm so sorry, I forgot you were riding with us." I apologized.

"Yeah it's cool." My brother responded.

"How did you even get here?" I questioned.

"I walked." Replied Prince

"You walked?" "Why didn't you get Jacob or someone to bring you." "You really shouldn't be walking alone." I stated.

"I'm fine." Prince snapped. "And give me your keys I'll be waiting in the car.

"Woah what's going on with your bro?" Nyla questioned. "He's kinda cute when he's mad."

"Nah he's an asshole."

We headed back upstairs to finish getting dress for school.

I was worried about this Rich situation but maybe Nyla is right. I should just go along with things.