Chapter 14

Hakeem's POV

"Where's Bella?" Asked Tiana.

"She's leaving her friend's house." "I told her what was going on and she's meeting us at the hospital now. I replied.

"Hakeem I'm really worried about Prince." Tiana cried.

"Babe everything is gonna be okay." I replied placing my arm around Tiana.

"No, don't touch me!" Tiana snapped.

"You can't possibly be upset about some shit that happened 12 years ago." I replied in a frustrated tone.

"I just never understood Hakeem." "Why?"

"You know what..." "the condition that my son is in is what matters right now." Replied Tiana

I put my hands in my pocket as we waited for the doctor to give us more information about Prince.

10 minutes later the doctor finally approached us.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lyon." Replied Doctor Founds

"Brown." Tiana corrected him.

I rolled my eyes.

Why is she being petty right now?

"Of course Ms Brown." Dr Founds replied.

"Good news is that your son is breathing on his own but unfortunately he's in a coma."

"A coma?" Tiana cried.

"There's no need to worry Ms. Brown, he can wake up at any moment.

"Doc how long will it take for him to wake up?" I asked.

"Well it depends on him." "Maybe if he hear your voices, sooner it could be." Replied Doctor Founds.

I followed behind Tiana as we walked inside the hospital room.

I fought back tears as I watched my son lay helpless in that hospital bed.

"Prince please wake up." "Mommy loves you." Tiana cried.

I walked over to Prince hospital bed and held his hand.

"Son I know that you're a fighter." "You're tough and you're strong." "Please come back to us, your Mom, Bella, and I miss you."

Bella's POV

Bella's POV

I quickly got dressed after my Dad called me and told me the news about my brother.

Rich was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him.

I left him a note.

I arrived at the hospital. My Dad gave instructions and told me which room they were in. I took the elevator and 5 minutes later I was on the 3rd floor.

"Mom, Dad." I replied entering the room.

"Is Prince gonna be okay?" I cried.

"He's in a coma, but I know my boy is tough." Replied Dad.

"I can't believe this happened." "I should have been there for him." I cried some more.

"Baby, it's okay." "It's not your fault." Replied Mom.

My phone buzzed. It was a texted from Nyla.

"OMG Bella I heard about Prince." "I'm on my way to the hospital." "Stay strong."

"Thanks." I replied back.

A few minutes later my Grandparents arrived.

"Dad, Mom." "Thanks for coming." Replied my Dad.

"Of course baby, we are family." "We have to be here for one another." Said Cookie

My phone buzzed again.

It was Rich.

"Babe why didn't you wake me?" "Im sorry to hear that about your brother." "I'm on my way now."

"Thanks love" I replied back.

Hakeem's POV

Hakeem's POV

As my son was laying in that hospital bed I began to reflect. I thought about my past and all the things I've been through. My anniversary is tomorrow and Tiana is not even speaking to me right now. How could she possibly still be upset about a marriage I forgot about? I remembered the pictures of us all at the premiere of my movie "When Cookie Met Lucious." And then I thought about her."

Flashback:

"Thanks for having my back Hakeem, you know with the interview and all." Said Maya

"You know they was being really disrespectful bringing up your Mom and jail." "I had to say something." I replied

"And the kiss I definitely enjoyed that." Maya smiled

"Maya I have to be real with you." "I still love Tiana."

"But why?" She plays games with you Hakeem." "She doesn't know what she wants, wasn't she just with Devon?" Maya replied getting agitated.

"I guess that's a chance, I'm willing to take." I replied.

"So the kiss meant nothing to you?" Questioned Maya.

"Listen baby girl, I really appreciate you helping me out." "With the movie stuff and all but I love Tiana and probably always will. I have to be honest with you." I replied.

"So again Hakeem, there's nothing there between us? Maya questioned again.

"You're right Maya there could be something there between us but in the end I would be torn because my heart will always be with her." "And it won't be fair to you." "Why even put you through that?" I replied in a soft tone.

"I get it Hakeem, shes the mother of your kids." "You guys have this connection but you guys aren't right for each other." "Sometimes what we want is not the best thing for us." Replied Maya.

"And this is?" I questioned.

"It could be." Replied Maya.

End of Flashback