Chapter 28

Hakeem's POV

"Hakeem I..." Tiana was lost for words.

"I'm not listening to you two go at it." Prince replied storming off.

"Mhmm yeah I think I hear my phone." "Nyla is probably calling me." Bella replied leaving the table.

I tried to calm down. I mentally counted to ten in my head.

"You need to tell me exactly what happened." I said in a calm voice.

" I said in a calm voice

Tiana's POV

I was trying to soak in what just happened. Why would Devon make a song about us? And then it hit me he was dropping a new album so this could all just be promotion for his album. I tried to remember the details from that night.

Flashback:

Hakeem and I been through so much. I tried to put the Erica Voorhies situation behind me. Was getting married the right move for us? Why am I having these thoughts when our wedding is a week away. I woke up not realizing I fell asleep in the studio.

"Are you okay?" Devon asked.

"I didn't hear you come in." "I thought everyone had left." I replied.

"I just finished recording in studio 6 and saw the lights still on." Devon replied.

"Oh well I'm about to head out."

"T are you sure you're okay?" "You look stressed." "You know you can talk to me." Replied Devon.

"I'm fine." I replied.

"I'm not buying that." Devon said in a sincere voice.

"With the latest scandal of Hakeem and Erica Voorhies claiming to be pregnant I don't know if getting married is the right move for us right now." I said.

"But it turn out not to be true, his ex Laura set him up right?" Devon questioned.

"Yeah but he still slept with Erica!" I snapped.

"I'm sorry." I replied in a calm voice.

"I guess I didn't realize that I'm still angry by it." I replied.

"You need to relax, let me take you out for a drink." Devon suggested.

"I don't think that's a good ideal." I replied.

"T one drink won't hurt." Devon said convincingly.

"Okay one drink." I agreed.

Devon took me to this bar that was very low key, which I was relieved because it's probably not a good ideal to be seen with my ex. I could just hear the rumors.

After taking a couple shots of tequila I was feeling a lot better.

"Slow down mamacita." Devon laughed.

"You were right, this is exactly what I needed." I replied.

"Glad I could help." Replied Devon.

My vision was getting blurred and I was trying to focus.

Devon was talking, but I couldn't keep up.

The Next Day:

I woke up with the worse headache ever. I looked around at my surroundings and notice a sleeping Devon next to me.

"OMG, OMG what happened?" "How did I end up here?" I panicked waking up Devon.

"T calm down." "It's okay." Devon replied trying to comfort me.

"No this is not okay." "I'm not suppose to be here with you!"

"Just calm down okay." Devon replied.

"No if Hakeem finds out that I was here with you he's gonna flip."

"Worst of all I can't remember what happened." "Did we have sex?" I questioned.

"Yes and it was amazing." Devon smiled.

"OMG I'm getting married next week." "This can't be happening."

"T listen, you were upset about Hakeem cheating on you." "And this just sort of happened." Replied Devon.

"But it still doesn't make it right." I panicked.

"Devon I can't remember what exactly happen last night but promise me that you won't tell Hakeem." "He would be distraught and this could possibly destroy our relationship forever." So please Devon promise me." I begged.

"Okay fine T." "Nothing happened."

End of flashback:

"Wow so you slept with him?" Replied Hakeem.

"I don't know I was drunk. Hakeem I can't remember exactly what happened that night." I said in a sincere voice.

"So this is what we do huh?" We see who could hurt who the most." "Who could make who jealous the most." "It seems as if that's all our relationship has been about." Replied Hakeem.

"Hakeem I...

"Look I need some time to myself right now."

I watched Hakeem leave the house with tears slowly falling down my face.