Chapter 27

Prince POV

I decided to stop by my Grandparents house. I was thinking about what Grandpa Lucious said about Tyler not being good company to keep. He's had my back since day 1 and to be honest he's been my only friend. We both went through a lot and both felt responsible for innocent lives being taken. I just needed to talk to Grandpa.  Juanita had let me in.

I could overhear my Grandma and Grandpa talking.

"Prince asked me about Shyne's murder." Said Lucious

"Well what did you tell him Lucious?" Cookie Questioned.

"He's not ready for that conversation." Replied Lucious.

"You saw how messed up the boy was after what happened to Bella's friend."

"I think you should just tell him Lucious." "Maybe he will understand our family history a little better." Replied Cookie.

"So you think I should just tell the boy that I had something  to do with Shyne's murder." Replied Lucious.

I couldn't believe what I heard.

Anger took over me as I went to confront Grandpa.

"So it's true, you killed Shyne Grandpa!?" "You're the reason why I was getting threats." I snapped.

"Prince when did you get here?" Question Lucious.

"Answer the question Grandpa." I snapped again.

"Boy calm down." Said Cookie

"I told you I've taken care of it." Replied Lucious.

"Lucious what did you do?" Cookie worried.

"Why did you have to kill Shyne?" I snapped.

"Son you're not ready for that conversation, you wouldn't understand." Lucious replied.

"I wouldn't be in the predicament I'm in now if it wasn't for you!" I replied storming off.

"Prince get back here!" Yelled Cookie.

Bella's POV

Bella's POV

Michael and I hit up Club Serenity and I invited Nyla to join us. Some of Empire's artist were performing tonight.

"Nyla this is Michael." "Michael, Nyla." I stated.

"Nice to meet you." Michael smiled.

"So you're the guy that has my best friend smiling from ear to ear." Nyla replied.

I nudge Nyla giving her a look to stop.

"Aww don't be shy, I think it's cute." Michael smiled.

"See Bella." Replied Nyla.