Chapter 22

Bella's POV

My alarm went off. It was a quarter after 9. My interview with Angie Martinez was at 2 p.m but we had to arrive an hour early and since New York traffic is ridiculous. I had to leave in like 2 hours to make it on time.

I stretch and yawn dreading today. This will be my first official interview and how awkward to do it alongside my cheating boyfriend. I shook my head. I mean cheating ex-boyfriend. I looked in the mirror and gave myself a pep talk. I will keep things professional. I'm only there to discuss the single.

I went into the bathroom and played music on my phone as I did my morning routine.

45 minutes later I got out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around me as I went inside my closet to find something to wear. I may just be in an awkward situation so I might as well wear something comfortable. Hopefully things will go smoothly. I just have to play it cool and not let my emotions get involved. I was very much still hurt and pissed by the entire situation but decided to just push it aside.
I looked and saw an outfit I've never worn before. Finally settling on my attire. I kept it simple.

Bella's outfit

After finishing getting dress and doing my hair

After finishing getting dress and doing my hair. I looked at the time and it was now 10:45 a.m. Dre texted me and told me he arrange for Jacob to come pick me up to escort me to my interview. I went downstairs to grab something to eat. I wasn't really hungry so I just ate fruit instead. I was eating my fruit that I didn't notice my parents entering the kitchen.

"Aww my baby girls first official interview." My Dad cooed.

"Aren't you guys still jet legged?" I thought you were still sleeping. I replied.

"No time for sleep, have to catch up on some work." My Mom responded.

"Well I'm sure Prince will be sleeping his life away today." I Replied.

"Maybe I shouldn't have said that, I forgot he literally just came out of a coma."

I notice my Dad had a smile on his face, as if he wanted to say something.

"What?" I replied looking at my Dad.

"Your Ma and I can clear our schedule and accompany you to your interview." My Dad replied with a big smile on his face.

"Dad no, you guys will make me nervous." I Replied.

"She doesn't need us Hakeem." "She's all grown up." Mom smiled at me.

"Thanks Mom." I replied.

My phone buzzed alerting me that Jacob had arrived to escort me to my interview.

"Mom, Dad Jacob is here." "See you guys later."

Jacob opened the door for me of the black SUV.  As I got inside I saw Uncle Dre.