Chapter 10: Fire!

A Star Destroyer loomed over the planet of Quasar. Kylo Ren and Darth Blaze were aboard. They were in the main control center, watching as they orbited the planet. Blaze began to get a transmission from Ilum, It was Cantor. Blaze answered the transmission and saw the glowing hologram of Cantor.

"Sir, tell Kylo Ren we are almost finished draining the star for the fuel for the weapon. We will fire in approximately five minutes." Cantor said. The hologram dissolved, Blaze began to walk up to Kylo, who was watching the looking down at the planet from the large window in the control center.

"Sir," Blaze said as Kylo eerily turned around. "Cantor had just contacted me. He said that the weapon will be ready to fire within five minutes."

"Good." Kylo said. "We will finally see the end of the Jedi, and a starting of a new era. An era without the Jedi..." Kylo said.

"Don't you feel like we should've just hired bounty hunters instead of blowing up an entire planet?" Blaze said. This angered Kylo Ren, he stomped towards Blaze.

"Last time we hired bounty hunters to find ARN-5506, they took him to Captain Dino! NOT US!" Kylo said, angrily.

Blaze sighed. "How about just a squad of storm-" Blaze couldn't finish that sentence, as he felt as something invisible was grabbing his neck. He dropped to his knees, gasping for air. Multiple First Order officers watched as they saw Kylo Ren with hand out, slowly turning into a fist.

"You do not pester me like that! Do you understand?!" Kylo yelled as he let Blaze go. Blaze then got up from the floor and walked away as Kylo Ren turned back around towards the window, and every officer went back to their duties.

Dino lead Jayden into a small closet where she saw him grab a blue palm-sized cube. Jayden recognized it as a holocron, similar to one she used during her Jedi training.

"You know what this is?" Dino said.

"It's... a Jedi holocron!" Jayden said as Dino handed it to her. "Where did you get this?!"

"I found it." Dino said. Jayden didn't seem too shocked, like she knew that Dino would say something like that.

"I find that answer very unconvincing." Jayden said.

"Why don't you try to open it?" Dino said. Jayden began to use the Force to try to open it. She struggled to open it for several seconds.

"I-I can't open it! I haven't used the Force in a long time and..." Jayden paused for a few seconds. "And I think I severed my connection with the Force." Jayden felt like she wanted to stop concentrating and give up but Dino began to motivate her to not give up.

"Keep concentrating and you will succeed." Dino said. Jayden knew that he was right, so she closed her eyes and held the holocron in her hand, using the Force to open it. She succeeded, and as she set the holocron down on a table, it showed a hologram of a Jedi. The Jedi had long brown hair and black Jedi robes. He almost looked like Ben Solo in some way, Could they have been related?

"Now, The Force is not just about controlling things. It's not about lifting rocks. It's an energy field that surrounds and penetrates us all." the Jedi said. "Some use the Force for a good purpose, like us Jedi. Others use it for a bad purpose, Like the Sith." he continued.

"My mother told me about him. Jayden said. "She said that Anakin Skywalker was one of the greatest Jedi to ever live! And he was Master Luke Skywalker's father." she continued. Fennec Visa had met Skywalker during the time of the Clone Wars. But after Order 66 came around, almost all of the Jedi were killed, and Skywalker had gone missing.

"He absolutely was! My father, Dash Druce, fought alongside him during the Clone Wars. He told me that he was wise, powerful, and skilled." Dino said.

"Do you know what happened to him? Master Luke never told us anything about him. Was there a tragedy that Luke didn't want to talk about?" Jayden asked.

Dino sighed. "There was a tragedy." he said. "My father told me that he became a Sith Lord named Darth Vader, he helped the Emperor rule the galaxy with an iron fist. However, Luke Skywalker, your old master, saw the good in him and he helped redeem him and kill the Emperor. But... Anakin Skywalker died shortly afterward." Jayden couldn't help but to let a tear run down her cheek.

"He deserved better." Jayden said.

"He absolutely did." Dino said.

Back on the hologram, Jayden and Dino saw a teenage Padawan walk up towards Anakin on the hologram. she looked to be no older than Jayden herself. She was a Togruta with orange skin and white lekku with blue stripes.

"Who is that?" Jayden asked.

"Skywalker's Padawan, Ahsoka Tano." Dino said.

"Alright Snips, or should I say Ahsoka Tano. Now we will practice your lightsaber skills, I know we've done this before in the past, a lot of times to be exact. But you should remember why we do this, to help you get better with your lightsaber when you are in combat. Do you understand?" Anakin said.

"I understand, Skyguy." Ahsoka said, she activated her green lightsaber. Anakin also activated his blue lightsaber.

"Be ready on the count of 5." Anakin said. Ahsoka nodded in agreement.

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."

Those exact words were synchronized with Cantor's countdown to fire Starkiller's laser on the planet of Ilum. Starkiller's laser then fired, heading in the direction of Quasar, destroying the planet's moon, then the laser hit the surface of the planet, exploding. This caused a loud shockwave all around the planet. This immense explosion caused the surrounding land to crumble, sending swaths of debris and rubble into the air and allowing some to escape velocity.

Everybody in Captain Dino's rebel base could feel this shockwave, The holocron that Dino and Jayden were watching fell of the table and shut off, Jayden fell to the ground, Dino looked outside the window behind him, seeing the debris coming toward him, like an enormous avalanche.

"WHAT THE H*LL WAS THAT?!" Connor yelled in fear as he felt the shockwave, thinking that the castle was about to collapse on top of everyone. Both Draco and Aaron tried to look outside the bars of the cell door but could only see Jolt, Ralo, and Olli trying to evacuate every crew member out of the base. 

"I-I can't see anything! Too much ruckus going on outside!" Draco said. The Lasat pirate from earlier, who had punched Aaron for interacting with Connor, opened every jail cell door and gave them a message.

"JOLT HAS ORDERED EVERY PRISONER TO BE LET OUT OF THEIR CELL! THE PLANET IS COLLAPSING! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!" he yelled as Connor and the rest of the Shield Squadron ran out of the cell doors Aaron ran out of his.

"Connor! Where are you going?" Oberon asked as he saw Connor heading in a direction opposite from the exit.

"I gotta go find Jayden! You all go! NOW!" Connor responded.

"But kid, You may not make it." Shira said.

"I'll be alright! Just take Aaron outside! Evacuate like everyone else! I will be right behind you!" Connor yelled as he ran away.

"Ya heard him, Aaron! LET'S GET OUTTA HERE!" Draco yelled as Shira grabbed Aaron's hand as all of the Shield Squadron, except for Connor, ran out of the castle.