Chapter 20: Mission to Malu

The Shield Squadron walked into the briefing room. They saw that multiple Resistance officers, pilots, militia, and other important members of the Resistance that left the room as the members of the Shield Squadron stood at the holotabe. It seemed that a meeting had just ended. However, mostly leadership stayed in the room, such as Leia Organa, Admiral Ackbar, Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo, C-3PO, and Caluan Ematt.

"What is this 'mission' all about?" Jayden asked as she walked towards the table.

"We have assigned you on your first mission in the Resistance, All of you need to go to the planet Malu in the Outer Rim." Leia said, All Shield Squadron members nodded. "There, you will find an abandoned Rebel base that hasn't been touched in thirty years. We abandoned it after the Empire ambushed us there, We moved to the Echo Base on Hoth, But that wasn't any better because the Empire found us again. So we need all of you to find this base and get everything set up so we can move there." Leia continued.

"Got it." Connor said.

"Isn't Malu occupied by the First Order? Because I went there during my training when I used to be a Stormtrooper." Aaron stated. Admiral Ackbar stood up. He was ready to respond to Aaron's question.

"Unfortunately it is." Ackbar said. "So you all will need to plan a sneak attack on the base. It does have a small battalion of First Order Stormtroopers that have taken over the base. You will need to clear the area of First Order Stormtroopers."

"Isn't the base abandoned?" Oberon asked.

"Only by the Resistance, The First Order is the first group of people to have come in contact with the base in almost thirty years." Leia said. "Do you all get the details of this mission?" Connor, Jayden, Aaron, Oberon, Shira, and Draco all nodded. They were all ready for this mission.

"You are all dismissed." Leia said as the Shield Squadron walked out of the briefing room.

"Leia, Do you really think that only new recruits can handle a mission on their own? You could've got someone more experienced to go with them." Vice Admiral Holdo said.

"I'm sure they can handle it. Besides, they got a Jedi and a former Stormtrooper with them" Leia responded.

The Shield Squadron walked through the hallways and into the hangar. Where they saw two Resistance pilots finish filling the Razor with coaxium. It was ready to be flown again.

As the Shield Squadron got into the ship, Oberon and Shira headed towards the cockpit, with Aaron, Draco, Jayden, Connor and AM-76 followed them. Oberon activated the engines alongside Shira and flew off into hyperspace, heading towards Malu.

"So, I guess we are part of the Resistance now..." Jayden said.

"Well, since we got a mission from General Leia assigned to us, I guess we are now part of the Resistance!" Shira said. Connor then looked at Jayden

"Now they got a Jedi on their side." Connor said, elbowing Jayden. "Right?" he continued. Jayden rolled her eyes, she was clearly annoyed.

Preparing to land on Malu, the Razor jumped out of hyperspace. Malu seemed to be a hellish lava planet similar to Mustafar, except it was occupied by the First Order. Connor looked out of the window to see that they entered the planet's atmosphere. There were red skies, red soil, lava lakes and pools of lava everywhere.

"This is hell!" Connor said. Everybody gave him strange looks, even AM-76 looked at him. "What? I'm just stating the facts!" he continued. The Razor landed as most of the Shield Squadron walked out and away from the ship. Oberon and Shira stood inside. They were staying aboard the ship, possibly to make sure the First Order does not destroy it.

"We weren't detected by the First Order? Were we?" Aaron asked.

"Relax! We weren't detected!" Jayden said, she then looked at Oberon. "Were you careful when making sure we weren't detected?"

"I hope I was..." Oberon said.

"Well, I hope you were!" Shira responded. The Shield Squadron walked toward the abandoned base. But little did they know that there was a First Order probe droid watching and recording in the distance. It was ready to report to Kylo Ren, Cantor, and Darth Blaze that this group of rebels were now on Malu. They had escaped the destruction of Quasar, destroyed part of a TIE Fighter squadron on Ti'kal, joined the Resistance, and was getting ready to infiltrate an abandoned military base there on Malu.