"I can't find Paul"

Unedited*

    I was looking at the form the front desk nurse handed to me when I first got here. I was able to fill out the majority of the form until I got to the part where it asked for the name of the father.

    I still had no idea if he even wanted to be a part of the baby's life, So me, being confused, just scribbled "N/A" on the line. I got up from my seat and handed the nurse the forms and she smiled.

    When I sat back down I realized that there were so many women here. To my left there was a woman who looked like she was about to pop reading a magazine and to the right was a teenage girl with her mom.

    I kept observing, or people watching as Jenna likes to tell me,  the people in the room when my phone vibrated in my purse. I reached for my bag and saw that an unknown number texted me.

    Unknown: Hey, It's harrison. When is your next appointment?

"How the hell did he get my number?" I mumbled to myself before quickly typing back

    Me: How'd you get my number?

    Maybe: Harrison: Jenna.

    Of course jenna gave it to him. Before I could type back he sent another message.

    Maybe: Harrison: When's your next appointment?

    Me: I'm actually waiting right now to meet with the doctor.

    Maybe: Harrison: Ok. I'm off right now could you send me the address or name of the office?

    I hesitate before sending him the name of the office. I save his number into my phone and he sends me another message.

Harrison: I'll see you in twenty.

   I shut my phone off and placed it back into my purse. It was another ten minutes before my name was called, making my nerves sky rocket, and I followed the nurse to the ultrasound room. I was laying on the table when the Doctor walked in.

  "Hi," she said, "I'm Doctor Reese." She held her hand out and I shook it.

   "I'm Lucy," I said quietly. She instructed me to lay back down and lift my shirt up.

   "Ok this will be cold," she said, grabbing the bottle of gel from the shelf. I watch her as she starts squeezing the gel on my stomach when we hear the door open.

  "Sorry, I'm late," Harrison said, as he walked in the door, closing it behind him. Doctor Reese smiled.

   "Totally fine," she said, "I'm assuming you're the father." He nodded and sat down in the chair beside the table. I gave him a small smile as Doctor Reese started rubbing the cold gel around my lower stomach.

   I stared at the monitor in amazement as I watched the baby moving slightly. I turned to look at Harrison and noticed that his facial expression was blank. I couldn't tell if he was happy or mad, he just looked emotionless.

    I reached over and grabbed his hand, startling him, and squeezed. He gave me a soft smile and squeezed back. Doctor Reese wiped off my stomach and told me that I could put my shirt back down.

   "Alright, so here are the pictures if you want them," she said handing harrison and I a string of photos. "You need to come back in four weeks for your checkup." I nodded and hopped off the table.

   Harrison walked me to my car and I wasn't pressuring him to talk to me. Before I got into my car I turned to Harrison.

   "Um," I stumbled on my words, "Thanks for coming. You really didn't have to."

   He let out a small laugh, "It's fine." We stood there in silence before he spoke again, "Hey, before Jenna asks I was wondering if you want to come over for my family's annual christmas game night?" I stood silently. Why was he asking me to go to his family's for Christmas?

   He noticed my confusion, "My mom likes you and I overheard her asking Jenna to invite you, so I went ahead and did it for her."

  "Oh, um thanks I guess," I said. The corners of his mouth rose up and he crossed his arms. I sat in my car as he walked away and I placed my head against the steering wheel. I just want to take a nap.

  ***

    I turned my key in the lock and walked into my apartment. As soon as I opened the door, I noticed that Paul didn't run to me like he normally does.

    "Paul!" I yelled out, "Come here sweet boy." I started looking throughout the kitchen and began walking towards the hallway. I kept yelling out his name and looked in every part of my living room.

    He wasn't anywhere and I started to panic. I continued to look around until I saw that my bedroom door was wide open. I had closed it as soon as I left so Paul couldn't scratch on my furniture.

    Before I went to investigate I grabbed a steak knife out of the kitchen drawer. In one hand I had my phone and in the other I had the knife, ready to attack. When I got to my room I started to freak out.

    My clothes were all over the place, the drawers from my desk were pulled out and my mirror was broken with writing on it. I dropped the knife and called the first person I could think of.

    "Please answer," I mumbled to myself in a panicked tone. The phone kept ringing until the person answered.

    "Someone broke into my apartment and I can't find Paul," I said shakily as soon as he answered. The phone clicked off, signaling that he had hung up on me. Great now I'm going to die in my apartment from some cat burglar.

    I started cleaning up the mess when i heard rapid knocking on the door. Thank sweet baby Jesus he was here. I stood up and wiped my hands, that were still shaking, on my pants.

    I opened the door and Harrison was standing there in a tight black t-shirt and blue jeans. Damn. Wait no. I don't like him like that. Well he's attractive. I mentally slap myself,  I need to stop.

    "Earth to Lucy," Harrison said waving his hand in front of my face, breaking my trance.

    "Oh," I said blinking a couple of times, "Hi."

    "Hi," he then walked himself in and went straight to my room. I followed after him and watched as he took in the mess of my room. I heard him start mumbling to himself before he turned to me.

    "You're going to stay with me for the night," he announced. Oh hell no! I don't want to stay with him. Before I could protest he started talking again, "I'll call so we can get your locks changed and file a police report."

    "A police report?" I questioned, "Are you crazy?"

    "No, but are you?" he said, looking slightly infuriated, "Someone just broke into your home, dangering you and the baby!" He pulled out his phone and began typing very fast.

    "By the way," he said without looking up, "Who the hell is Paul?"

    "My cat," I mumbled. He looked up and started laughing. "It's not funny," I stated, pouting. He stopped laughing and continued to type away.

    I stood there in shock when I saw an orange tail coming from under my bed.

    "Paul!" I yelled out, relieved. Harrison's face jolted up from his phone as he watched me grab paul from underneath my bed. I started hugging Paul and tears began flowing from my eyes. I cry way too much.

    I could feel Harrison's eyes linger on me. As I was holding Paul Harrison tells me that I need to pack an overnight bag or whatever I need. I turned to him and watched as he typed on his phone.

    "Can I Bring Paul?"

A/N

Don't you just love Paul!! Next chapter coming soon. Comment and Vote!!
Hope you enjoyed lovies :)