"A douchebag jar."

Unedited*

I got discharged around noon and Harrison was able to take me home from the hospital this morning. I told him- well typed out on my phone because, you know, 'vocal rest'- that I could get Ev or even Jenna to take me home, but he said no. I didn't want to argue with him about it, so I just gave him a tight lipped smile and let him lead the way.

When we got in the car he told me that instead of going home he was taking me to his place. I wanted to yell and scream at him, but you know I couldn't. Which absolutly sucked, so I looked out the window and sighed.

He could tell that I was angry, maybe because of the air between us or by the look on my face. Which he commented on multiple times on the drive.

Then when we got to his place he told me that he was leaving soon and going to  his parents for Catherines party. I tried to let him let me go, but he said I needed to rest. I was reluctant to stay but then he told me my car was here and handed me my keys.

"You can leave if you want, but I want you to stay because it's safer to stay here while your ex is still out," I stiffened. Even though everything happened last night Braden was still out there. Harrison sighed and pulled me into a hug. I closed my eyes and hugged him back.

We stood there quietly before he let me go, "I have to go, ok?" I nodded and stepped back from him. He started walking away when I remembered the birthday gift I had gotten for Catherine.

"H-h," I yelled out. Harrison turned around and his eyes were wide.

"No don't talk," he came up to me and I clamped my  mouth shut. His hand reached into his pocket and pulled his phone out, handing it to me, "Type what you need ok?"

I opened the notes app and started typing on the keyboard. When I was done I handed him the phone and watched as he read.

"Oh," he huffed out, "Let's go get it and then you can come back up here." I nodded again and followed him out of his apartment.

---------

After Harrison left I ordered me some food and just looked around his apartment. It was still bland as ever, but I noticed now there were more things around. Like magazines laying on the coffee table and there were some paintings hanging on the wall.

Once my food arrived I ate faster than Usain Bolt can run and then decided on napping. Because nothing is better than a good power nap.

I set a timer to wake me up, but instead of it waking me up I was woken up by a door opening. I sat up on the couch and grabbed my phone. It was four in the afternoon. I looked over and saw Harrison setting two bags on the ground before taking his jacket off.

He hung the jacket on a hook and grabbed the two bags and walked in my direction, "Sorry if woke you up." I waved my hand not really caring. I needed to wake up or my sleep schedule would be ruined. He smiled and set the bags on the coffee table.

"So after I left my parents I stopped by Target and got some ice cream and a white board. The ice cream is for us and the white board so you can somewhat talk to me." He reached into the bag and handed me the small board with some markers.

I ripped open the markers and started scribbling onto the board before flipping it over.

"You're welcome," his hand ran through his blond hair, "and yes Cate loved your gift. She was a little upset that you couldn't make it. Also I have an idea."

He paused and ran into the kitchen with the other bag, leaving me alone in his living. A few minutes passed before he came back holding two bowls.