"It's bonding night!"

Unedited*

     I've been living with Everett for about a month. After our lunch, I called Jenna to tell her that I was moving in with him and all she had to say was "Have you told Harrison?"

    Of course I hadn't.

     I was planning on it, but after our argument I didn't want to have to deal with another one. He still didn't know, but I was planning to tell him at my doctor appointment. I knew he was going to get pissed, but my plan was simple.

    Tell him to kindly fuck off and then give my new address in case of an emergency. But now all I wanted to do is eat my bowl of popcorn and watch Supernanny.

    I was laying on the couch watching my show when I heard the front door burst open.

    "Lazy ass!" I heard Everett yell from behind me. I sat up onto my elbows and watched as he came through the door.

    "What?" I said back as he placed his things onto the foyer table.

     "It's bonding night!" he said, disappearing into the hallway.

     "I have work tomorrow I can't," I yelled at him. I couldn't hear him respond, but he walked in five minutes later wearing gray sweatpants and a police academy sweatshirt.

     He moved my legs over and plopped down, grabbing the remote off the glass table.

   "Lucy, I don't care," he told me, "I need to get to know you better, and vice versa."

    "But we've been doing this once every week since I moved in," I said looking at him, "You know pretty much everything about me!"

  His eyebrow raised up, "Not everything." I knew what he meant. I had pretty much told him about my life back in San Diego, and my life here but I hadn't talked about my college experience because it was boring.

    All college was for me was studying, dating Braden, going to some parties, repeat. It was nothing exciting.

    "Do I have to talk about it?" I asked him, my eyes pleading for a no. He bobbed his head up and down with a smirk playing on his face.

    "I want to know what college Lucy was like," he told me, "Was she some party animal or, or the nerd who just studied and went to class?"

    "I graduated last year!" I pointed out to him.

    "Exactly! These memories should still be fresh in your young mind," he told me.

    "You realize you're only three years older than me, right?"

    He frowned, "Right.... But that doesn't matter. I just want to know something from college."

    I shook my head and looked at the tv. He had turned it to some news channel like the old man he is. My eyes stayed focused on the weather report and out of the corner I could see him practically begging for me to give in.

   "Fine," I said looking at him, "But you have to tell me anything I want to know in exchange."

    His mouth grew in excitement and he turned the tv off, "Anything! Now tell me."

    I sat up and pulled my legs together trying to figure out what story I wanted to tell him. My sophomore year was boring because I stopped doing anything bad because of my grades. Junior year was... well... in simpler terms I practically became an alcoholic on the weekends. Last year I stopped going out as often. But freshman year was my favorite and I had lots of stories that were not about me being always drinking or studying.