"Hey little man"

Unedited**

"So.." I say to break the silence between us, "You changed clothes." Instead of the blue scrubs I saw him in earlier, he was wearing khakis with a blue polo. We both faced each other, I was sitting on my bed as he leaned against the mahogany dresser.

"Luce," he gave me a stern look, "We have to talk about what happened." I sighed and brought my hands to my face.

"Yeah I know," I kept my face hidden.

"We can start with what happened?" he offered. I did not want to talk about it. Over these past few weeks with minimal contact between us i've done a lot of thinking. The air was tense between us.

"I think that we should," I pause, "just be friends." He pursed his lips, nodding in agreement. He agrees?

No arguing, no yelling, no crying... yet. My mouth dropped slightly.

"I do think you're attractive," he said looking down at his feet, "It's just... I think it's best for the baby if we stay friends." I picked at the white nail polish on my finger and nodded. "We both are at the start of our careers and a relationship on top of work, on top of a newborn would be too much."

He was right. Like always.

I know what it's like to be raised in a house where both parents hate each other and the going back in forth between houses. It absolutely sucks and I don't want my baby to go through that. I don't hate Harrison, he's too nice and... uh charming to hate. Even if his ego is as big as his di-

"Are you crying?" his voice cut my thoughts. I looked up at him, my cheeks flushed.

"No just thinking," he smiled back and walked over to sit beside me. My eyes went back to my small hands that sat in the middle of my lap. I felt the bed dip, so I looked up.

"About what?" he asked me. About your dick. Wait no. About our kid. Shut up brain.

"About the baby," my hand rubbed against my small bump.

"The baby will be fine," Harrison reassured, "He is going to have the most badass parents, who will love him so much." Even if we aren't together he's going to make sure this baby is cared for. 

Tears brimmed my eyes, almost spilling out. God why does he have to be a caring douche. Is there such a thing, because if not, Harrison officially is one. A nice douchebag.

I rubbed hands across my eyes, probably smearing mascara, to wipe the almost tears away. So much for my no crying rule.

"Are you actually crying?" Harrison's concern filling his face.

"I almost did," I laughed, "It's just me thinking and hormones. Your little demon child likes to make me cry."

More like "you're being too nice to me and I can't handle the emotions."

Before I could process what was happening, Harrison leaned down to my bump and started talking.

"Hey little man," his voice was soft, "You've gotta stop making mommy cry, okay?" A smile grew on my face.

"AWE!" We both turned to my door, where Everett was standing. Harrison's cheeks flushed red and he leaned away from me.

"EV!" I yelled out, standing up. Everett started slowly backing away as I walked closer to him. Before I could reach him, a strong grip latched onto my arm, preventing me from catching him.

I turned to face Harrison, fuming. Everett is too nosy for his own good, "I'm gonna kill him."

Harrison let out a small laugh, "I can see that," his blue eyes sparkled, "But I need him alive because I invited him to poker night with a couple of my friends." My eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you fifty?" I asked. It was like a switch flipped in me. One minute I was happy and then I was crying, and now I was pissed. Harrison looked offended at my comment.

"Uh no," he retorted, "I'm twenty-eight. And your friend said the only people he knows are quote on quote 'old men who are fat and boring, and his pregnant roommate' and what's wrong with poker?"

"It's a game for old married men," I said to him. He shook his head and smiled.

"Ok, fair point," he shook his head and smiled, "I've got to leave." his eyes looked down at his watch. He pulled me into a hug and I stiffened. I felt his warm breath against my ear.

"Just so you know," he whispered, "You are a fantastic kisser." I felt my cheeks flush. He let me go and walked to my door, leaving me standing there.

"Don't forget about Will's party on Friday," he yelled out.  I stood there for a few minutes, stunned.

"Lucy Mae you better tell me what he said for you to be standing there with a big ass smile on your face," Everett stood in my doorway.

"I'm gonna kill you,'' I looked at him and crossed my arms against my chest.

His eyes widened, "So you're still mad at me? I didn't do nothin' The Kardashian's were on a commercial and I wanted to check up and see if y'all were getting along... or making out."

My mouth dropped, "Ev we're just friends. Our lives are just too busy for a relationship."

"Mhm sure," he crossed his arms, mocking my stance, "Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go pop me some popcorn and finish the Kardashians."

A/N
I know!! I know it's been a hot minute since I updated.... please forgive me.

Also this chapter is shorter than the rest and honestly i don't know why. I had everything I wanted for this planned out and then it was shorter than I expected.... oops

Also just a HUGE thank you for reading and voting!!! I've reached 24k reads which is INCREDIBLE!! It keeps me going knowing that people enjoy reading MY book!!

         Me writing this chapter

Just Friends- Olivia O'Brien^^^^^

make sure to hit the little star in the corner!!

Next chapter coming soon!! Comment and Vote!!
Hope you enjoyed lovies :)