"Adulting is expensive"

Unedited**
Lucy's POV:

    "Finally!" I hear Everett yell from the kitchen. I smile and roll my suitcase behind me, making my way to my bedroom. When I get to my room my eyes go wide. Baby clothes, toys, diapers, bombard my bed. I push the suitcase against the wall, my hands cover my mouth. What is all this?

    "Surprise!" Everett yells from behind me. I turn to him, tears threaten to spill from my eyes. He stands there in his uniform, excitement filling his eyes.

    "W-what is this?" my voice shakes. I've bought things for the baby, but I haven't gotten toys or... my eyes drift to a large ass box sitting against the wall. Oh fuck no. He didn't get me that. Did he? I don't remember buying a crib. Why? He shouldn't have? I start crying.

    Everett pulls me into a hug, "Don't cry." What? How can I not cry, he literally bought my kid half the shit he needs, and we've only known each other for like... two months maybe, I lost track.

    "Thank you," I whisper in his ear. I may have a job and a place, but I'm broke. My trip to New York was fun, but Grant paid for my airfare and I stayed with him at his apartment. And I tried to pay for things myself, but he stopped me before I could swipe my card or hand over cash.

    He pulls away from me, his smile still present, "It's just a couple of clothes and some other stuff. Plus I had help, so I don't get to take all the credit." I wipe my thumb under my eyes to catch any tears before they fall.

    "Some stuff? You bought him a crib?" I state looking at the large box. Panic rushes through me. Where the hell am I going to put all this?    

"We have an extra room," Ev looks out my door and to the one adjacent to mine, "And, baby daddy said he's making space for y'all. Do I want you to move out? Hell naw-"

I cut him off, "You talked to Harrison?" He nods and leans against the door frame.

"He's the one who helped me get all this shit. I mean stuff," Ev's eyes roll as he points to my bed, "But he said if y'all wanna move in, he doesn't care. Somethin' 'bout 'I don't want her to have to do this herself with us living in two different places. Ease the stress' or somethin," his southern accent changes to mock Harrison's.

He wants me to live with him? This relationship, that's not a relationship is moving too fast for my liking.

"Oh. Well, I've been traveling all day, so I'm gonna clean some of this up and lay down." Ev nods, lifting himself off the door frame, and walks over to my bed. He picks up some of the baby stuff and lays it down on top of my dresser, leaving a blank spot on my bed for me to lay down.

Ev finishes and wipes his hands together dramatically, "There. Lay down, pregnant lady and enjoy it while you can." I laugh and press a small kiss to his cheek.

"Thanks Ev," He squeezes my shoulder before walking out, his smile as wide as the cheshire cat's. I plop down on my bed and sigh. All this baby stuff is starting to stress me out.The reality's are starting to hit me, and not slowly. Once my body hits my bed, I relax, and my eyes close.

--------

     "Hey my little angel," My fingers lightly touch my bump. My nap only lasted ten minutes before he started moving around and kicking my organs. I'm only in my bra, that was starting to get tight because my boobs have gotten significantly bigger, and some shorts I got from Target.