"I am not acting like a child!"

Unedited*
   Doctor Reese squeezed the bottle of gel onto my stomach. It was cold, but I was too excited to notice.

    She started rubbing the ultrasound stick thingy across my lower stomach. "The father couldn't make it?" she asked me. I nodded my head. I was still mad at him for lying to me, so I thought I could return the favor.

    At first I felt bad, but when I told Taylor about whether or not I should tell him, she told me to fuck it. So that's exactly what I did. He called and texted me asking about my appointment and in favor I told him I had to reschedule because of work.

    Doctor Reese looked up at me and smiled, "Are you ready to find out the gender of the baby?"

------

    I threw my purse and keys onto my kitchen counter and headed straight to the fridge. I came back to my apartment Monday after work, and I was glad to finally be home. But deep down I was terrified. Braden was still out there, and if that night didn't prove enough I felt like he would come back.

    The cold chill of the fridge hit my hand as I grabbed the bag of grapes and strawberries. I closed the fridge and walked over to my sink. Twisting the silver handle, water poured out of the faucet. I opened the strawberry carton and then placed it down in the sink when I heard a knock on my door.

    I twisted the handle to turn the faucet off and walked over to my door. Jenna was wanting to come over and do a movie night since it was Friday, but I didn't think she was coming this early.

    "Jenna you said you would be here at -" I stopped. Harrison was standing outside my door wearing a pissed off look. "Harrison," I said shocked, "What are you doing here?"

    "You lied to me," he said.

    "I don't know what you're talking about," was all I said, hoping it wasn't about what I thought it was.    

    "Don't play stupid Lucy," he said crossing his arms, "You lied about your doctor appointment."

Shit.
    "Yeah you should be saying shit," he said. Did I say that out loud? We both stood there in silence before he let himself into my apartment.

    "I didn't say you could come in," I said before closing the door.

    "You lied to me," he said for the fifteenth time. Well maybe not exactly the fifteenth time but it felt like it was. I walked back into my kitchen and saw him leaning against my counter.

"Well you can't be mad at me for lying when all you've done is lied to me!" I said.

    "I can be mad when it is about my child," he said back, looking at me in the eyes. He may be good at hiding his feelings, but it shows in his eyes.

    "You have no right to be angry at me when you lied to me about having sex with another woman."

    "You can't be mad about that Lucy!" He told me, "We aren't together. We are not in a relationship. I don't have to tell you every little thing!" Was he serious? I brushed past him and continued what I was doing before he showed up.

    "Please leave," I said, not looking at him.

    "I'm not leaving until we talk about why you lied to me about your appointment," he said back. I walked over to my cabinet and grabbed a bowl to put my fruit in.

    "Lucy," he said as I put my fruit into the bowl, "Stop ignoring me."

    "My next appointment is in a month," I said, walking past him again and into my living room. I sat down on my couch and grabbed the tv remote. Harrison walked into the living room and stood in front of my tv.

    "Are you serious?" I said setting my remote down on the couch cushion.

    "Yes I am," he said, "Lucy, you need to stop acting like a child."

    "I am not acting like a child! Trust me I spend the majority of my week with them," I said. He scoffed and rubbed his temple.

    "You are!" he said.

    "Am not!" I yelled out, "If I was 'acting like a child' I would grab anything I could reach and throw it at you! So please get the hell out of my house!"

    "I'm not leaving until we talk about it," he said.

    "About what Harrison?" I said, "I don't want to talk about anything with you! If you truly cared about our child you would leave and stop stressing me out with your bullshit."

    "My bullshit?" he raised his voice, "You are the one who lied to me about changing your appointment. I just want to know why you would lie to me about it."

    "I lied as payback," I said standing up from the couch, "You lied to me about something very important so I did the same thing! I felt bad about it for a while, but then I realized that you didn't feel bad about your decision so I said fuck it!"

    "I did care about your feelings!" he shouted.

    "You didn't though," I shouted back at him, "I am so sick and tired of this game you are playing with me."

    "What fucking game Lucy?" he yelled. I rubbed my bump and sighed.

    "This cat and mouse game. You kiss me. Twice shall I add! And then go and fuck some other girl. You are playing with my feelings and I'll be completely honest. I don't want to be with you! All I want is my child to have two parents that can have respect for each other, but that is obviously something you lack."

    "It's our child," he yelled at me, "Not just yours!"

    "He," I quietly said, "He. Not it." I plopped down on my couch and put my head into my hands.

    "It's a boy?" Harrison asked, his voice softening. Before I could say anything else, I heard soft knocks at my door.

    Standing up I looked at Harrison, who was now sitting down on one of my chairs that I bought at Ikea, "Can you leave? Jenna is here." He nodded and then stood up walking towards the door.

    "Wait!" I yelled out, causing him to turn to me confused. I ran back to my room and opened my dresser pulling out the small white fabric. When I ran back into the room, Harrison was standing there confused.

    "Take this," I shoved the fabric into his hands. He looked down and a frown formed on his face. He didn't say anything as I walked past him and opened the door for his exit.

    Jenna stood outside my door, baffled that he was standing in my apartment, "What the hell?" she said out loud, her eyes darting between the both of us.

A/N
ITS A BOY!!! Also don't be mad at me for this chapter.... I felt like this fight was long overdue just because the previous chapter(s) you don't really get her view on what she thought about what happened.

Do you think she should've lied about her appointment?

Let me know!!

Also just a HUGE thank you for reading and voting!!! I'm almost at 2k reads overall and 130 votes  that is amazing! It keeps me going knowing that people enjoy reading MY book!!

Next chapter coming soon!! Comment and Vote!!
Hope you enjoyed lovies :)