"The girl her son knocked up"

Unedited**
Harrison's POV:

This is it. This is the couch that the hospital needs to buy. God is it comfortable, but I haven't been able to sleep.

After Luce explained her nightmare, granted she wasn't too keen on sharing some things, she did tell me that it had to do with Braden and him choking her.

    She called me multiple times and then thought she heard something that scared her, so she showed up at the hospital. It made me feel better that she trusted me enough to let me help her, but I still felt useless. I can't stop them from happening, I want them to stop happening. She looked so drained when I walked into the room, even though she was asleep. Then when she woke up, exhaustion was pouring all over her face.

    Now she's back in bed, with her cat, out like a light. And I'm sprawled out on the couch trying to wrap my head around this whole situation.

    Braden, stalked her, broke into her house, has tried to kill her, called her multiple times, but why. None of it makes sense. What's his motive? It's been quiet since the phone call, but still. Calm before the storm. Plus, Everett's detective friend hasn't gotten back to us about anything.

    I jolt off the couch when I hear the door knob rattle. I stand and watch, waiting, it takes a few seconds before the rattling stops and the door opens.

"Shit!" Everett jumps when he sees me, "I forget you were here. You 'bout gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry?" I sit back down on the couch, the sound of him unstrapping his belt and shit fill the quietness.

    "How's she doing?" Everett walks over to the couch and sits down beside me.  I texted him when Luce and I got back to their place, told him that I would be staying until he got here.

    "She's sleeping now," I nod my head over into the direction of her room, "She asked me to stay until you got back." He nodded and pulled his phone out from his pocket, and I closed my eyes. Focusing on my breathing. I haven't been to sleep in who knows how many hours, and all i want is to just take a quick nap before I have to drive.

Everett's voice takes my attention away from my breathing,"You want to go crash in the guest room? It's kind of messy with all the baby shit, but if you're tired you can go there. Or are you hungry? I'm about to make me something before I, myself, pass the hell out."

    I let out a deep breath, my head lifted off the couch, "nah, I was about to get ready to head out since you're here. Don't want to impose. And  I grabbed a granola bar before I left the hospital, so i'm not that hungry." Everett's eyes pulled away from his phone and his mouth dropped.

    "Dude, that was four hours ago, and you ate a granola bar! When was the last time you ate a full meal?"

    My head tilts in his direction, "I had half a sandwich before work."

     Everett jumps off the couch and starts mumbling, "I will not accept this blasphemy! Get your ass off my couch and come help me make breakfast!" Damn. I close my eyes for a second before I make my way into the kitchen.

    He's already in the fridge pulling out eggs, bacon, pretty much whatever he can find. I stand beside the counter, not knowing what to do. When Everett turns and faces me, he stops what he's doing and scowls at me.