Chapter 9

"H-H-Haku?!?" I gasped.

"It's been awhile..Sakura." I smiled and ran towards him to be caught in his embrace.

"It's been awhile..Haku.." I cried tears of joy upon seeing him again.

"Well well well, look who has a chick in his arms. A kunoichi from the Leaf Village." Both Haku and I turned to look at the two ninjas. They don't look that strong. One of them is built, while the other has long hair up to the shoulders.

"What do you want?" Haku growled while putting and arm in front me as if protecting me.

"We were on our way to capture a hostage or kill Tazuna on our way. Looks like we found something interesting." The guy with long hair said. He walked over and tried to touch me, but Haku grabbed his hand.

"Do. Not. Touch. Her" Haku glared at him and crushed his hand. He yelled in pain.

"Why you little brat!" Both of the men charge at him, but Haku finished them off quickly.

He turned to me and said,"I'm sorry to kill them in front of you, Sakura." He wiped my tears away and touch my cheeks.

"It's okay, Haku. I don't mind" I smiled.

"I see, you have grown into a very fine kunoichi in Konoha."

"Yeah! Daddy always train me when he is free."

"Daddy? Oh, the Copy ninja I suppose."

"Yes! He saved me after..Tou-san left me.." He seemed to notice my change of emotions.

"Sakura..." He seemed like he wants to continue, but stopped for awhile. "Do you..hate Zabuza or blame him that he left you?"

I looked at me surprised of his question. I though for awhile and said,"At first I was..but I'm glad now because I met people who are important to me. But..I'm still really hurt that..he doesn't want me."

Should I tell her? But..there is no doubt we will fight again. I don't want to make this hard for her. I don't even know if I can fight her.. Haku thought.

"I understand..Sakura. But you do have a foster father. I can see that he really loves you. The way he fought with Zabuza, his eyes were filled with hatred."

"Yeah..I love him as well." I smiled and Haku smiled too.

"I have to go now. Zabuza will question me if I'm late." He hugged me tight for the last time and kissed my forehead.

"Bye Haku."

"Goodbye, Sakura" With that, he is gone.

I walked over to Naruto and dragged him back to the house. I examined him and tuck him into bed.

"Sleep well, Naruto. We have a long day tomorrow."

I looked at sky through the window and thought, We will meet again tomorrow, won't we? After all these years..the feeling is still in me.. I love you..Haku.

Published: December 2014
Edited: 12 January 2017