Chapter 51

It has been 2 years since I last saw Naruto. I spent a lot of time on missions with Team 7; our bonds grew stronger as time passed. After a long talk and small arguments with Temari, I finally admitted that I have a crush on Gaara and she as well has admitted to have a crush on Shikamaru.

Now, lets update you about what happened in these two years. Gaara, Temari, Neji and I became Jounins. The rest of Konoha 12 are Chunnins except for Sasuke who is still a rogue ninja and Naruto who had been absent for the Chunnin exam.

Team 7 just came back from a mission and we are on our way to the Hokage tower to report.

When we stepped into her room, I saw the person I haven't seen for a very long time.

"Sakura-chan!" He shouted.

"Naru Naru!" I shouted and hugged him.

"You haven't call me that for a very long time." He said and stroke my hair.

"Good to see you again, Naruto" Daddy said and pulled me away from Naruto.

"Kakashi sensei!" Naruto grinned.

"Alright alright. Was your mission successful?" Tsunade-sama asked.

"Yes." Daddy answered.

"Right, I have news for you. I received a scroll from Suna saying they request for Gaara's team seeing Naruto is already back and they are needed." She said and faced the ninjas from Suna. "You will leave tomorrow."

"Hai, Hokage-sama." They answered.

"Dismiss, Team 7 stay."

Temari and I exchanged sad glances and they left. I looked back to the Hokage.

"Your new member will be an ANBU. Come in, Sai." She said.

A pale looking boy with black hair and obsidian eyes entered the room. He made eye contact with me and smiled, but it was clearly a fake one. Somehow, his presence felt familiar to me.

Sai's POV

"Come in, Sai." The Hokage said.

When I stepped in, my eyes were locked with emerald eyes. She had pink hair and she looked very familiar. I was brought into reality by the Hokage.

"Sai will replace Sasuke in Team 7. Sai, this will be your new team." The Hokage said.

"Hi, I'm Sai. A former ANBU." I gave them a fake smile.

"I'm Naruto Uzumaki and I'm going to be the Hokage some day!" A blonde said.

"I'm Sakura Hatake. Nice to meet you. I'm a medical ninja as well as a Jounin" The pink haired kunoichi said. Sakura, huh?

"I'm Kakashi Hatake. Also a former ANBU and I'm your team leader." The masked ninja said. Hatake? They are father and daughter?

"Come in tomorrow morning for a mission. I'll leave you to know each other first. Dismiss."

"Hai." We said in unison and left the room.

"Sakura.. You are a Jounin now?!" Naruto pouted.

"Yeah, everyone in Konoha 12 became a Chunnin except you. You are the only one who is still a Genin. Neji and I are Jounins." She answered.

"WHAT?! I AM THE ONLY GENIN?!?" I could have sworn his eyes almost bulge out.

"Yes!" She giggled. "Gaara and Temari are Jounins, Kankuro became a Chunnin as well.

"Everyone is higher than me now.." Naruto whined.

"Don't give up, Naruto.. Where is your spirit?"

"I'll beat all of you! BELIEVE IT!" He said and everyone sweat dropped. "Let's go eat at Ichiraku's! I miss it!"

All of us followed the blonde and I made eye contact with Sakura again. She gave me a warm smile and caught up with Naruto. I looked at our sensei and saw him glaring at me. I faked a smile at him and he seemed to glare at me more.

Shutting that away, Sakura looked really familiar. I have only seen one pink haired girl before.. Could it be? The girl that sat under the cherry blossom tree years ago? It looks like her.. The girl I secretly painted. Sakura.. It suits her.

Published: December 2014
Edited: 27 January 2017