Chapter 24

Gaara carried me all the way to the tower. We parted ways and went to our respective rooms. We took less than 4 days to accomplish this exam, so we waited in the room for orders. Since I have regained enough chakra, I healed my right eardrum.

"Sakura.. What do you think is inside these scrolls?" Naruto asked.

"I guess we can open it now. We have already completed the 2nd exam." I answered.

"Really? I can't wait!" Naruto squealed while handing Sasuke a scroll.

Both of them opened it at the same time. Smokes appeared from the scroll and I stood to take a look at it. Summoning seal! Sasuke seemed to notice it's a seal.

"Naruto! Throw it away!" Sasuke ordered. Naruto did as told.

Iruka sensei appeared out of the scroll and surprised us.

"Iruka sensei?! Why are you summoned??" Naruto asked.

"I was to congratulate all of you for passing this test. And Sakura.. You should open the scroll earlier so Kakashi can come and see you. He can't wait and we kept bugging me!" Iruka sensei laughed sheepishly.

"Sakura!!" A voice called. I turned and saw dad.

"Daddy!!" I ran to him and embraced him.

"How is my little cherry blossom?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I assured him.

"How is your ear?"

"H-How did you know?" I asked,surprised.

"I had Pakkun to watch over you after you summoned him to find me." He answered.

"Is that even allowed?"

"What if Orochimaru finds you again? What if he has allies disguised as Genins? It's for your safety too."

"I understand.." I sighed. "I healed my eardrum awhile ago seeing I have restored most of my chakra and energy."

"Very well. Good job Sakura and both of you." He said as he pat my head.

~AFTER THE 5th DAY~

All of the participants which passed were gathered in a hall located in the tower. This is quite a large number of Genins which made it.

As my eyes observed the whole group of Genins, my eyes stopped at a certain group. Those are the sound ninjas!!! So they made it too, huh?

My eyes continued to roam around and locked eyes with a red hair. Gaara! I smiled. He returned me a small smile and we turned our attention to Hokage jii-sama.

As he gave a boring speech, I was watching Sasuke. It seems the mark is bothering him a lot. There are times he had to bite his tongue to keep him from screaming in pain. What is that mark?

After Hokage jii-sama finish his speech, a man appeared.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Hayate Gekkou. Before the third test which is the final test of the Chunnin exams, we will have a preliminary round. And I will be in charge."

"What for?" TenTen asked.

"Too many Genins passed, so we have to cut down the number in half. This will be an individual battle. Anyone wants to quit?"

A man with silver hair raised his hand.

"Kabuto Yakushi, right? You may leave. Anyone else?"

No one raised there hands. Sasuke.. I was worried if he can battle in this condition.

"Very well, the preliminary round will start now. The names will appear on the screen."

The first pair to battle is..

Published: December 2014

Edited: 13 January 2017