Chapter 56

I charged at the old man and punched him, causing his shell to break with the help of Chiyo Baa-san. He threw thousands of poison needles at me and I managed to dodge all of them thanks to her; she attached chakra strings on my limbs, so she could moved me around like a puppet. I jumped back to Chiyo Baa-san. The shell revealed a young boy with red hair.

"You called me a little girl, then what are you?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I may have underestimated you.. Your strength is superb." He said.

"How can you be so young?" Chiyo Baa-san said with obvious shock shown.

"I have long made myself into a puppet, so your attacks won't work on me. I don't feel pain." He smirked.

I looked at them, back and forth. They know each other?

"You know him?" I asked.

"He is my grandson. Sasori of the Red Sand." He is..her...grandson?? Okay..

I looked at him closely and analysed. How can he live in a puppet body? He must have a human inside there. What's most important for living? The mind and the heart, of course!

"Chiyo Baa-san." I called. She moved closer to me. "His heart is still in him. That is his weak spot, I'm sure."

She nodded. She summoned her puppets and so did he. The puppets were used as a diversion. While he was focused on fighting them, he wouldn't notice me. My goal is to stab his heart with my kunai.

I crept behind him silently, hoping he would not notice.

"I know you are behind me, little girl" I stood there in shock.

Suddenly, several puppets came my way. Oh shit! I pulled out Kubikiribocho and sliced all of his puppets.

"You are quite good." He said with an insincere smile. "But not good enough."

More waves of puppets came. I observed his fingers on how he controlled them. It seems each finger holds a chakra string which separates into several strings. Remembering the Samehada scale, I snatched it away from the handle and hooked Kubikiribocho back to my necklace. I took the scale and ran at full speed to him. I used it to cut his chakra strings and immediately stab his heart with a kunai.

"Samehada scale? But..how??" He asked in shock.

"I'm Kisame's little sister. Answered your question?"

He continued to look at me in shock and finally closed his eyes, meaning he died.

I walked back to Chiyo Baa-san.

"You are quite good."

"Thank you, but I still have a long way to go." I grinned. "Let's go catch up with the others."

She nodded. Then, I summoned Bisuke.

"Bisuke, bring me to where Kakashi is." I commanded.

"Yes, follow me." He said and ran off.

We followed him and picked up our pace.

We followed him until we reached an open space. I saw dad and ran to him.

"Daddy!" I yelled.

"Oh, did you get hurt?" He asked. His expression was.. What? Guilt? Sad?

"No.. Did you?"

"I'm fine. Just exhausted from using Sharingan." He answered. Something is wrong.. I'm fearing...the worst!

"Daddy..?" He turned to me. "Where.. is..." I gulped. "..Gaara?"

He avoiding my eyes and looked at the ground. I didn't let myself think. I walked past him and walked towards a figure where everyone is surrounding. Each step I took made my heart beat faster. Finally, I broke into a run.

When I stopped and saw the figure before me, my heart skipped a beat. Daddy squeezed my shoulder, but I shrugged it off. I could feel he is hurt, but I couldn't think about it. My mind was blank. My mind focused on the body in front of me. I dropped on my knees and reached for the body.

"Gaara?"

Published: December 2014
Edited: 4 February 2017