Chapter 58

We stayed in Suna for a few days to attend Chiyo Baa-san's funeral. She is greatly respected by everyone as one of the elders. Gaara and I were the last ones to leave. Dad left me to be alone for awhile, knowing I needed it. Gaara stayed as a sign of appreciation because he would have stayed dead if it were not because of her. Suddenly, I remembered her last words.

"Gaara.." I began. He looked at me. "Her last words was.. 'Follow your heart before it's too late', so... Gaara, I-" He interrupted me by placing his finger on my lips. I blushed lightly at the contact.

"Sakura, when I was battling with Deidara, one of the Akatsuki. I knew I was going to lose when the battle came to an end. My mind was filled with you. That time, I regretted not telling you how I feel." He cupped my cheeks and searched my eyes. "I told myself, if I survive this, I will tell you how I feel. And now, here I am." He wiped a tear away with his warm thumb. "Sakura, I love you. I have for a long time, I don't know how or when, but I do. I love you, Sakura. I love you."

He gave me a sweet smile and I returned it.

"Gaara.. I..I love you too!" I threw myself at him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. "When you looked lifeless then, I felt my world crumbled. My heart couldn't feel. My mind was blank. I didn't know what to think, nor do. Don't ever scare me like that again, Gaara. Promise me." I pulled away and caressed his cheeks.

He held my hand which was on his cheeks and rubs it gently. "I won't, we will die together." I nodded happily.

We leaned closer to each other until our lips touched. He gently brushed my lips and began to kiss me gently. It was a soft and gentle kiss filled with love.

We pulled away and rested on each other's forehead. Arms wrapped around each other. After awhile, we bid Chiyo Baa-san farewell and thanked her. Gaara took my hand and led me onto a rooftop. We sat side by side and watched the stars blinking in the night sky.

"Since Shukaku is out of my body, I can finally sleep without worries." He said.

"You never slept? Not even once in your life?" I asked.

"No. If I do, Shukaku will be in control." He said.

"Tonight you will get a good night sleep then." I smiled.

"Yeah."

We sat there until I fell asleep in his arms. He chuckled at me and carried me bridal style into my room and tucked me in bed.

Kakashi's POV

After I left Sakura with Gaara in front of Lady Chiyo's grave, I went into my room to read my book. After awhile, I got up to see if Sakura returned. She is no where to be since in the graveyard, so I check her room. What I saw made me stopped on my steps.

"What are you doing in her room, Gaara?" I asked sternly.

"She fell asleep, so I carried her to bed." He answered. He stared at me for a minute, then began speaking again. "Kakashi-san, I'm dating your daughter"

I knew this was coming. I looked at him and observed him.

"Do you love her?" I asked.

"Yes, I do. I love her with all of my heart. I would die for her willingly, but I wouldn't as well. I don't want her to be upset about my death. I will treasure her till the day I'm out of this world." He said.

I nodded my head. "Take good care of her and protect her. Love and care for her with the whole of your heart. If you don't, her biological father and her childhood friend, also her first love will haunt you. Her brother and I will crush you. You can bet on it."

"Yes, Kakashi-san. The day my care for her decreases, I would be asking for my death."

"Good. I trust you. As long as she is happy and unharmed, I'm happy." I said and went back to my room.

I have to let go of my little cherry blossom now. My little angel is growing up.

Published: December 2014Edited: 6 February 2017

Edited: 6 February 2017