Chapter 30

After we left Shino, we pick up our pace. When we reached, Sasuke is already drained. Gaara which is a half transformed beast was going to kill Sasuke. Luckily, Naruto noticed it and kicked Gaara away.

Gaara..

"Naruto, bring Sasuke away from here." I ordered.

"No, we are not leaving you here!" Naruto yelled.

"We can't leave you with him!" Sasuke said.

"Believe me. I can do it. Trust me. Now go!" I ordered determinedly.

"She is right. She can do it. She is the only one who can still control the beast with Gaara awake." A voice said.

I snapped my head towards him. Kankuro?! Does that mean..Shino??

"Naruto, bring Sasuke and find Shino and Shikamaru. Pakkun, leave."

Naruto hesitated and said,"Come back in one piece, Sakura-chan" He supported Sasuke and hopped away.

"You won't let me stay no matter what I say, right?" Pakkun said.

"Yes. I know you will tell Kakashi no matter how many times I tell you not to anyway." I smirked. He sighed and headed back to the arena.

"Temari, Kankuro. Is it okay if you help out Naruto? Or at least go somewhere else."

They hesitated and said,"It wasn't our wish to betray your village. It was Kazekage's sudden orders." And went away.

"So it's only you and me, Gaara" I walked and stood in front of me.

The beast's hand tried to slam me on a tree, but I caught it.

"Gaara, this is not you." I began and walked towards him. He seems out of control. I can't hurt him..

"Gaara, where are you?" My tears start to flow. I applied most of my chakra on my feet as his beast tried to push me away, smack me and threw sand shurikens at me.

"Gaara, come out" This time, he tried to crush my whole body with his sand but I sliced them away.

"Gaara, overcome your beast." He wrapped his sand around my legs and crush it. I yelped in pain and applied chakra to enable me to stand and continue to walk.

"Gaara, come to your senses!" I yelled. I'm finally a feet in front of him. I looked at him in the eyes.

"Gaara..I know you are there. Be yourself again..Gaara." I said softly and smiled sadly. I walked another step and embraced him. His sand seemed to stop moving.

His arms slowly wrapped around my waist and hugged me tightly. He dug his head into the crook of my head and sobbed quietly. I stroke his back reassuringly and smiled as tears flow down my cheeks. I leaned on him for support as my chakra left my feet. I fell unconscious in arms. He slowly put me down on the ground and held me in his arms.

"Why..WHY.." He sobbed.

"Sakura..." He cried.

"I'm so sorry.. I'm so so sorry.." His voice was so soft it was barely a whisper.

"SAKURA!" A voice shrieked.

Published: December 2014

Edited: 13 January 2017