Chapter 27

We have one week until the final tournament. I'm training my taijutsu with Gai sensei and also focus more on handling Kubikiribocho efficiently. Pakkun watched over me from daddy's order.

~FLASHBACK~

"Daddy.. I'm worried about Sasuke.." I exclaimed.

"Yes, I know. I'm going to train him this week. Is it okay with you?" He said.

"Yeah! I'll train my taijutsu with Gai sensei and train more with Kubikiribocho. But be careful with Sasuke.. I'm afraid he will lose control."

"Don't worry, dear. I'll take care of myself you have to take good care of yourself when I'm gone okay?"

"When you are gone? Are you leaving?" I asked.

"I'm afraid so. I have to train him at somewhere more peaceful. Naruto is trained by Jiraya at somewhere else as well." He said.

"Oh..okay.." I said. I'll be lonely then..

"I'm sure Gai will keep you company." He smiled reassuringly.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Oh! I'm afraid that Orochimaru will find Sasuke, so please please please be extra careful okay?? Don't focus on that book too much!!" I scowled at the last sentence.

"Hai hai.." He said sheepishly.

~FLASHBACK ENDED~

Gai sensei's training is so tiring!! He even made me wear weights!! I'm so tired, but I still have 20 laps left around the training grounds! Urghh!! I can do it!! You can do it, Sakura! As a Momochi and as a Hatake!!

With that, I sped off with determination. Failure is not an option.

Gai's POV

Sakura is definitely something.. She has talent. Must be her bloodline I guess. No wonder Orochimaru wants her..

~FLASHBACK~

Kakashi appeared on my doorstep with a bag with him. Where is he going? Couldn't be on a mission when the Chunnin exams are on.

"Gai, I need you to do me a favour." He requested.

On normal occasions, I would annoy him and act goofy. But he seemed serious, so I acted serious as well. My Jounin self.

"Yes? What is it, Kakashi?" I asked.

"Protect Sakura." He said.

"What do you mean?" Something seems off..

"Orochimaru." My eyes widened. He continued,"He might come for her after the fight they had in the Chunnin exams. She once told me he was going to bit her, but Sasuke shielded her. He originally targeted Sasuke, but she showed him her ability and he is amazed by it. I can't leave her alone without protection. Please, Gai. I need your help. Protect Sakura. She is my world. She is my life." His voice cracked as he fought his tears, his face in his palms. I have..never seen him like..this.. He didn't even break down when his father died. She must mean a lot of him, although she is just adopted.

"Alright, Kakashi. I'll protect her. With. My. LIFE." I said determined. I put my hand on his shoulder as he look at me. "Don't worry, Kakashi. Your youthful daughter will be safe with me." I gave him a thumbs up and a tooth grin.

"Thank you, Gai." He said.

"Now where are you going? You are not training Sakura?" I asked.

"No, I have to train Sasuke. You saw how Gaara fight. I want you to train her taijutsu. She needs to improve that." He said.

"Very well, she did ask me to train her taijutsu. Don't worry, Kakashi. Focus on your training."

"Yes. Thank you, Gai. Good bye."

"Good bye."

~FLASHBACK ENDED~

I promised Kakashi to protect her, and I will.

"Gai sensei!! I'm done!!" Sakura said as she panted.

"Very well, READY FOR THE NEXT TRAINING?!?" I grinned.

"YES!!"

"ALRIGHT! Do 500 push ups!!" I ordered.

She immediately dropped on the ground and did push ups.

After 300 push ups, she collapse. She is already at her limit. I guess I pushed her too hard. She did train her sword all night. I sighed and carry her bridal style to her home. I sat on a roof near her window and watch over her.

Published: December 2014

Edited: 13 January 2017