Chapter 55

I stared at the gate where Gaara left a few minutes ago. I felt like my heart became empty with the distance between us. I sighed and turned around. I jumped back when I saw daddy standing behind me.

"You look so upset. Is it because of Gaara?" He asked.

"N-N-No!!" I blushed.

"You can't lie to me, Sakura. I can see how both of you look at each other. I even saw both of you almost kissed in the Cherry Blossom Festival." I blushed crimson red. He saw?!

"I don't mind if you date him, Sakura. As long as he loves you and cares for you as much as your father and I do, I'll be happy for you." He smiled.

"Thank you, daddy.. But.. I don't know what to do.. We are not in a relationship yet.." I grinned sheepishly.

"You will know when the times comes." He said and ruffles my hair.

~1 WEEK LATER~

The Hokage requested Team Kakashi's and Team Gai's presence. It seemed urgent, so I figured this is a very very bad news.

"After you hear this news, please calm down." The Hokage started. "Gaara is captured by the Akatsuki." My heart skipped a beat; daddy squeezed my shoulder as a gesture to reassure me.

"WHAT?!" Naruto's chest heaved as he shouted. "WE MUST GO SAVE HIM RIGHT NOW."

"Calm down, Naruto!" She yelled. "Both of your teams are assigned to take him back from the Akatsuki. Go to Suna for some informations before you begin. Leave immediately."

"Hai, Hokage-sama!" We said unison.

"Dismiss." She said and we immediately left to Suna, packing necessary things only.

We accelerated to the village, hopping branch to branch. Naruto having a fierce look, tempting to kill the Akatsuki members. My mind chanting prayers for Gaara to be alright. Daddy squeezing my shoulder and pat my head from time to time with a worried look. Sai had an expressionless face.

Gaara.. Please be okay.. Please be okay.. Please Please Please.. I prayed.

A tear fell from my eyes and I quickly wiped it away. Daddy noticed and gave me another squeeze. I smiled weakly at him.

When we arrived, we were greeted by Temari.

"Sakura, we need your help! Kankuro is poisoned and we can't find the antidote." She said in panic.

"Bring me to him." I said sternly and followed her. The others visited the Kazekage for informations.

Temari arrived in a hospital and opened a door for me to enter. Inside laid a very pale Kankuro. I rushed to his side and examined him. Although he is unconscious, he looked terribly hurt. I did my best to force the poison out and neutralised the remaining poison in his body with the antidote I made.

Once I was done, I kept the extra antidote in my pouch guessing we might face the same enemy. I rushed to meet with others, but was stopped by an old lady.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I'm coming with you." She said.

"You can't, it is dangerous"

"Don't underestimate me. I'm coming no matter what." She said with such determination. I stared at her for awhile and sighed.

"Okay, I'm Sakura."

"Chiyo." She smiled.

After that we both met up with the team. I explained to them the situation and they informed me about the plan and informations they received.

All of us sped up to the Akatsuki hide out. Once we reached, we spread out and stood in position. My job is to break the huge rock, which I did with ease. Inside showed three figures. Two of them were standing, while the other is lying down. I squinted my eyes to focus on that figure.

"Gaara!" I gasped. Daddy held my waist to prevent me from asking for my death. I was shaking and dad held me closer and tighter. He looks..lifeless. I can't sense anything from him!! I gulped and swallowed my tears in.

The guy with blonde hair placed Gaara on his bird and flew. I was going to chase after him, but dad asked me to stay.

"Handle this guy, I'll go after Gaara. I promise I'll get him." He said.

I looked at him worriedly and finally nodded. "Be careful dad."

"You too." With that, he ran off.

"Leaving me an old lady and a little girl? How pathetic."

"Don't underestimate me, gramps." I growled.

"Let's see about that." He said.

"Sakura, I have a plan." Chiyo Baa-san said.

I nodded and walked closer to her.

Published: December 2014
Edited: 4 February 2017